Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:I'm still waiting for Jurassic Universe.
Pfff, that's smalltime. Jurassic Multiverse is where the real dough is gonna' be at.

SilverHeart wrote:Person 1: Let's clone dinosaurs!
Person 2: That sounds dangerous
Person 1: What's the worse that could happen -OH MY GOD THE DINOSAURS GOT LOOSE AND DONT LIKE PEOPLE
Person 1: I CANT BELIEVE GROWING THESE DANGEROUS MOSTLY-BULLETPROOF GIANT CARNIVORES BACKFIRED
Well... that's not the plot of the third one, to its credit.

I wonder what else they could possibly do with this franchise than a park of Dinosaurs that's either going haywire or has gone haywire.. It's cool to see it with today's technology and all, but I don't have such high expectations of Jurassic World nor do I have any idea what would make a sequel to that compelling in the first place.

Sometimes they just got to quit continuing with a classic and it's sequels. I think Star Wars has more options to choose from for it's new sequels than this. I mean, look at The Terminator franchise. The third and fourth film weren't really good either. There's nearly nothing new in Genisys/Genysis/whatever it's called or even a thing to make it interesting. The argument of 'today's technology' doesn't really hold ground since, well, nothing of that so far looks good in the first place lol.

Nomis wrote:I wonder what else they could possibly do with this franchise than a park of Dinosaurs that's either going haywire or has gone haywire.. It's cool to see it with today's technology and all, but I don't have such high expectations of Jurassic World nor do I have any idea what would make a sequel to that compelling in the first place.

Sometimes they just got to quit continuing with a classic and it's sequels. I think Star Wars has more options to choose from for it's new sequels than this. I mean, look at The Terminator franchise. The third and fourth film weren't really good either. There's nearly nothing new in Genisys/Genysis/whatever it's called or even a thing to make it interesting. The argument of 'today's technology' doesn't really hold ground since, well, nothing of that so far looks good in the first place lol.
I wouldn't mind a Monsters-like premise where dinosaurs have gotten to the mainland and are seen as more or less normal (if something of a vermin).

SilverHeart wrote:Except all the JP movies are pretty much identical

Person 1: Let's clone dinosaurs!
Person 2: That sounds dangerous
Person 1: What's the worse that could happen -OH MY GOD THE DINOSAURS GOT LOOSE AND DONT LIKE PEOPLE
Person 1: I CANT BELIEVE GROWING THESE DANGEROUS MOSTLY-BULLETPROOF GIANT CARNIVORES BACKFIRED
That's incorrect.

The sequels are the results of what happened in the first film.

Lost World at least made sense within the context of the universe created in JP, it really should have been the final film. JP3 was a forced concepted that added nothing to the previous films, and it should have stayed as fan-fiction or something.

JW looks and sounds like the stupid thing you're describing.

SHE was designed to be bigger than the T-Rex.
SHE ate it.
SHE clawed it out.
SHE remembered where they put it in.
SHE's killing for sport.

m4st4 wrote:

SHE was designed to be bigger than the T-Rex.
SHE ate it.
SHE clawed it out.
SHE remembered where they put it in.
SHE's killing for sport.
That's what SHE said.

I bet Universal wants this in development sooner rather than later lol
Wu got away with it and I think the army took embryo's with them too. I think they're going to expand upon this in the sequel. Like I said, there isn't much else they can do with a park. I think we've had all the possible films about the parks/islands of Dinosaurs. I think they will go global in the next film.

Who wants to keep experimenting with Dino DNA after shit hit the fan 3 times?