The New Mutants (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 4:49 pm
Eh, that makes no sense batfan...
I did not say that the X-Men films that Singer made weren't visually distinct or that they didn't have personality in terms of their aesthetic, just that when you compare how the characters look in those films to how they look in the comics, most of them don't resemble their comicbook counterparts imo because the costumes are a lot more colourful and strange (bright blue, yellow and occasionally bright reds as opposed to dark leather).

In terms of the coherence, this series has so many inconsistencies that they made a entire film just so they could say 'we're not counting this or that thing that does not make sense anymore'. The series is a mess on that level but I think that's why I like it because each film feels like a distinct work of cinema and not just an episode in a really long and expensive tv show on the big screen.

I love it when he spews nonsense.

Hickman also exist, like right now.

m4st4 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:23 pm
I love it when he spews nonsense.

Hickman also exist, like right now.
I have to agree with Batfan on this one. If I recall those New X-Men designs were the direct result of the Singer film. The X-Men designs were traditionally colorful and unique to each character (outside of the initial 60s run of course).

I've been told by someone who talked to multiple people (and saw the film themselves) that the current cut is closer to Boone's vision now than it was before, horror was added, the action is bigger, everything is bigger (the budget is 45M by the way, at the very least, last we heard).

And more people have said that the "Fox" ties were indeed cut which is great news because that same person who told me about the screening has been saying for months that Disney is considering adding The New Mutants to the MCU, and since Disney didn't expect how well the screening would go, that it's definitely being considered.

Anyway, very excited to see this, Boone is apparently now happy with the film (and he's now liking IG posts relating to the film which he hadn't done in a while). Also, some reshoots have already happened a while back, we don't know what they are but they were made on the down low and clearly no one knew about it. More are planned in November (presumably, Boone would take a pause from The Stand for 4 weeks of reshoots), depends on whether Disney deems them necessary.

Ace

Forum Pro
Law
This looks horrific and will probably make no more than 5mil.

Postponed again... in normal circumstances I'd laugh or be mad because I'm still excited for this movie but this time I get it.

Forum Pro
Law
By the time this gets released the actors will be have forgotten they made it.

Law wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 6:43 pm
By the time this gets released the actors will be have forgotten they made it.
They should call in Kevin Feige!

The right move is to put this on Disney+ (which is stalling due to a lack of new content).