Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Biribiri wrote:If this movie had James Cameron name stamped in it maybe it wouldn't flopped, Avatar was a pretty shallow movie and carried lots to see it for its good visuals.
Except Avatar was at least a good generic traditional film in terms of plot with some great performances and terrific pacing, backed up by technology that at the time was purely mindblowing (it actually still is). James Cameron would never do Valerian. I can tell you that. And I'd rather take Avatar simplicity done well over poorly done Valerian complexity.

Also, the initial reception for Avatar was massive. Movie had higher ratings than LOTR and casual moviegoers were actually comparing the two. Your comparison is so off.

I mean all my friends that went to see Valerian went for Cara. They couldn't give a shit about anything else because they thought movie looked pretty wack from the trailers. So the money that this movie made it made mostly because of Cara's popularity.

All my "friends" went to see it for Cara so factually she was the only reason people went

Mostly =/= only.

it's a valid reason tbh

can you tell cara and dane apart tho?

Pratham wrote:can you tell cara and dane apart tho?
Yes because Cara is at least aware of the kind of character she's supposed to be playing here. Dane is just miscast.

Poulter would have been perfect for this.

Pratham wrote:can you tell cara and dane apart tho?
shit

Oku
Can we make this thread about incest again :twothumbsup: