Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:I'm still waiting for a straight-but-AIDS-suffering vertically challenged Australian Aboriginal with an amusing birthmark to be a superhero lead. These people are really dropping the ball on this front.
Is this based on you?
Bacon wrote:
4N Legend wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I'm still waiting for an openly-gay superhero to have his first film.
Why? Just to diversify them for the sake of diversifying?
My thought exactly.
Stop trying to be subtle with your blatant homophobia, Bacon.

Okay, Allstar, you need to seriously chill. I did nothing at all to deserve an attack like that. And you're calling me a child, saying that I'm "baiting"? Absolutely pathetic.

the_red_ninja wrote:So ten years and 3 phases later, they finally get a female-lead superhero movie. pffffttt.
I was hoping for Black Widow but I'm glad we're getting Captain Marvel.

Allstar wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I'm still waiting for a straight-but-AIDS-suffering vertically challenged Australian Aboriginal with an amusing birthmark to be a superhero lead. These people are really dropping the ball on this front.
Is this based on you?
I wish.

@Bacon-

Have you not made blatantly homophobic posts in the past several times? You have, stop being in denial.

Anyway, Brit Marling for Captain Marvel FTW, fun fact she was actually on Marvel's radar for Winter Soldier.

Okay let's be completely honest.

Brit Marling should probably be up for every part.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:@Bacon-

Have you not made blatantly homophobic posts in the past several times? You have, stop being in denial.
Just because I did on here years ago in a very immature matter, doesn't mean that I have the same belief now. Contrary to what you may think, people's opinions can actually change. Especially as they learn to grow up. You might want to learn that because, interestingly enough, it seems you never have grown up yourself.

And once again regardless of what you may think (because let's be honest, it's not that important to anyone here), there's nothing wrong with not wanting the fact that someone's homosexual to be the defining characteristic about them. I admired the way that The Flash handled introducing the Piper into it. It was natural. They said he was a homosexual, but never once focused on it and that one aspect about him did not define his character. Someone being homosexual can be a character trait, but it's about as significant as the tone of their voice. It helps make up the character, it's not the sole factor in a character. In today's society, it's very easy for that to become the defining aspect of the character, as said before, being differentiated for the sake of being differentiated. I'm pretty sure that many others here would agree with what I'm saying here.

I don't want to take your bait and derail this thread anymore than you already have, so if you continue to make immature slams at me that are uncalled for instead of actually acting like an adult and having a conversation, don't be surprised if I ignore them.

Bacon wrote: I don't want to take your bait
You always do tho