Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
New stills

£

What's going on in this pic:

His head looks badly shopped.

This movie looks like it's going to be another Thor The Dark World. Hard pass.

m4st4 wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 8:37 am
Guys... Captain Marvel was never top tier character. There’s not a single five star plus run in the entire history of that character so look at this as a potential Iron-Man situation in a way that movie might become the ultimate portrayal and basis for years of paper material. And don’t be bothered with comic book tropes, after all they’re called ‘tropes’, for a reason. Doesn’t mean the actors have their hands tied to a singular way of performing their respective roles. More often than not, archetypes are actually characters that ultimately stand out.🕷️
I don't know what offends me more: the fact that you said that Captain Marvel never had defining comic boook stories or that Iron Man did not have defining stories. I'd argue that when she became Warbird, Carol became a highly complex and interesting character. Much more interesting than the goodie two shoes character current Marvel comics and MCU are selling. In Kurt Busiek's runs with her character, she was a struggling alcoholic with anger management issues.Tony Stark was trying to help her, since he knows what it's like from personal experience, but she rejected his help multiple times until it did not became too hard for her.

And Iron Man had great runs throughout his history. Heck, right when the first movie was coming out, Iron Man had one of his better comic book runs with Iron Man Director of Shield, by Charlie and Daniel Knauf, which also had one of the coolest versions of the Mandarin. That run was also infamously butchered in Iron Man 3, which supposedly was based on that run.
Last edited by Master Virgo on February 2nd, 2019, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bro

the official site tho

Batman's Batman wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:08 am

m4st4 wrote:
Guys... Captain Marvel was never top tier character. There’s not a single five star plus run in the entire history of that character so look at this as a potential Iron-Man situation in a way that movie might become the ultimate portrayal and basis for years of paper material. And don’t be bothered with comic book tropes, after all they’re called ‘tropes’, for a reason. Doesn’t mean the actors have their hands tied to a singular way of performing their respective roles. More often than not, archetypes are actually characters that ultimately stand out.🕷️
I don't know what offends me more: the fact that you said that Captain Marvel never had defining comic boook stories or that Iron Man did not have defining stories. I'd argue that when she became Warbird, Carol became a highly complex and interesting character. Much more interesting than the goodie two shoes character current Marvel comics and MCU are selling. In Kurt Busiek's runs with her character, she was a struggling alcoholic with anger management issues.Tony Stark was trying to help her, since he knows what it's like from personal experience, but she rejected his help multiple times until it did not became too hard for her.

And Iron Man had great runs throughout his history. Heck, right when the first movie was coming out, Iron Man had one of his better comic book runs with Iron Man Director of Shield, by Charlie and Daniel Knauf, which also had one of the coolest versions of the Mandarin. That run was also infamously butchered in Iron Man 3, which supposedly was based on that run.
Character defining and quality stories? Absolutely, I'm with you there.

Comic book defining stories? Not really. There's a reason Cap Marvel's been rebooted for the n-th time this year, in the wake of this movie adaptation. They're still course correcting her origin story, there's plenty of time to create a compelling book in the vein of her well known brothers and sisters. Remember how hard they pushed her narrative in Civil War 2? Yeah, me neither.

Hopefully this movie will launch her into stratosphere, figurative. And inspire more creators to tackle her in their books and, over the years, create a consistent, quality base of narrative operation.

Cilogy wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 11:57 pm
bro

the official site tho

Cilogy wrote:
bro

the official site tho
What about it?

Batman's Batman wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:08 am

m4st4 wrote:

Those panels from the comics portray emotions more effectively than anything I've seen in the entire MCU.

LelekPL wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 3:39 am
Cilogy wrote:
bro

the official site tho
What about it?
BRO