Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The trailer was perfectly fine.

I thought the music was deliberately early 2000s feels, it's kind of too over-the-top to NOT be a deliberate choice - I know the film is supposed to be set in the 90s, but it felt like this way they would connect the overall "atmosphere" of the movie to the early Spider-Man films, for example. I dunno, just a thought.

Ace wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 8:42 am

Boring trailer, shit poster.
Movie'll probably be alright.

Surprisingly ambiguous and dull trailer

I don't think the movie will be anything special
Last edited by Mindheist on September 18th, 2018, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's the worst possible time for Feige to stop delivering. Phase 3 has yet to have a real miss. This better not break the trend. Especially considering how important the character is supposed to be in the future.£

Master Virgo wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 2:39 pm
It's the worst possible time for Feige to stop delivering. Phase 3 has yet to have a real miss. This better not break the trend. Especially considering how important the character is supposed to be in the future.£
Lots of people think he first Thor movie is terrible. Hasn't stopped Marvel from making 2 sequels though, one of which was actually good.

Batfan175 wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 3:20 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
Lots of people think he first Thor movie is terrible. Hasn't stopped Marvel from making 2 sequels though, one of which was actually good.

To be honest, I hated most of the MCU, but it didn't stop them from churning out movie after movie, each with a strikingly similarly dull color scheme and atmosphere, etc. (with only a few exceptions - I quite liked Thor Ragnarok and I really liked Spider-Man Homecoming).

I somewhat enjoyed Infinity War, I've seen it twice in theatre because it was such a huge event, a culmination of 10 years of cinema, but I still don't enjoy, like, 90% of the MCU films. So, seeing this trailer is like... yeah, it's quite the same as most of the MCU. I'm not sure why most people find it less entertaining than anything that has ever come before (in trailer form), but to me it's really of the usual MCU standard. Which, mostly because I'm looking forward to Infinity War's sequel, does not bother me in this instance.

Batfan175 wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 3:20 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
Those lots of people are in the minority.£

^why does that matter lol