Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 1:31 pm
Putting that much weight behind a character that many consider to be the weakest part of their respective movie is honestly ballsy though, regardless of the box office.
I suspect Feige doesn't read Nolanfans.£

Master Virgo wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 2:39 pm
Bacon wrote:
Putting that much weight behind a character that many consider to be the weakest part of their respective movie is honestly ballsy though, regardless of the box office.
I suspect Feige doesn't read Nolanfans.£
lmao

For someone who didn't care about the MCU for the longest time.. I really enjoyed this film. The second MCU film I watched. The first was GotG Vol.1!

Master Virgo wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 10:55 am
Pity Disney didn't know this box office trick when Solo was bombing hard. They could have saved a lot of prestige for Star Wars franchise as well.£
Disney made Solo bomb because they wanted to show that only female-lead Star Wars films are doing great so they can spread their feminist agenda :P

Just watch out, soon they'll kill Mickey and make Minnie the star ;) These monsters
Bacon wrote:
To be honest, I think a lot of people would agree that Black Panther was also the weakest part of his own movie. Killmonger, Shuri, the Dora Milaje and even M'Baku got more hype after the movie. Which is surprising since that didn't use to be the Marvel formula. I guess Wasp, Hank and Janet were also more interesting than Scott in the last movie.

How long is Lee Pace's screen time in this?£

Master Virgo wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 4:53 pm
How long is Lee Pace's screen time in this?£
not long enough to get aroused, sadly

-Vader

Im not really a fan of Captain Marvel already going to "be leading the Avengers" when she barely just got introduced. I would prefer Bucky, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, etc to take that role. Just seems like Fiege is forcing a lot of this character on us so fast

Captain America was introduced a couple of months before The Avengers. His solo film was the lowest grossing between the three and they still went on and made him the leader.£

Master Virgo wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 12:36 am
Captain America was introduced a couple of months before The Avengers. His solo film was the lowest grossing between the three and they still went on and made him the leader.£
Not sure why you're still hung up on this. Cap's film came out more than a "couple of months" before TA and he's the well-known leader of the team in the comics. He and every other Avenger minus Iron Man had only had 1 film prior to set them up as well. And between the two, Iron Man has more attention put towards him and has more of an arc in TA than Cap. I'm not criticizing their move to make CM the new leader, all I said was that it was ballsy to do it, let alone announce it now, all things considered.

I'd also disagree BP was the least interesting thing about BP's film. I felt Chadwick knocked it out of the park in that.

Oh you mean it’s ballsy to announce it when the film is on track to make a billion when only one other non Tony Stark featured MCU movie has done that?