Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Those clowns are just pathetic.

Early reactions coming in....Ben Men steals the movie.

£

Uhuh

I'm sorry but I'm a little tired of the same old fanboys/girls being trotted out a week or two early each superhero movie with their "it's so amazing!!!" tweets. Shooting fish in a barrel with that crowd.
Those tweets all even sound the same with similar points being hit, like they were helped crafted by Disney.

Look at the blue sign on the side of the name of the people who tweet. More seriously, it's all press. Not saying all the press is going to like it. But after these tweets, it looks very likely that the film will be fresh on RT.
Also surprised to see Mendelsohn as scene stealer. I always thought he was very reliable, always good. But the only time I've really seen him steal the show would be that dance scene in Lost river.

This is his fifth villainous role in a big budget hollywood film in less than 7 years. He's basically the new Mark Strong, who I believe is the modern day record holder, currently on his 8th baddie role in the other Captain Marvel movie.£

The MCU has really seemed to completely fix its “villain problem” of late. So glad Ben wasn’t wasted on something completely generic.

Ever since Feige has taken full control (basically at the start of phase 3) Marvel has transcended into a higher level, and they have managed to fix a lot of their problems, including their villains, third acts (at least half the time) and Joss Whedon (trolololol).

Strange and Wasp are the only two of their recent installments that feel very much pre-phase 3 with insignificant villains and forgettable storylines. Hopefully this one is closer to the level of Panther and Ragnarok rather than those other two.£

They're also close to fixing their music problem with excellent scores for BP and A:IW. Though Pinar Toprak (another Remote Control composer) doesn't give me much hope for the score of this film.