Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

So who is Law's character?

Spoilery rumours ahead

Some rumours suggest that his character is an amalgamation of both Mar-vell and a villainous character named Yon-rogg. Apparently first Cap Marvel's mentor, but later her enemy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesr ... character/

£

that's just obadiah stane wtf marvel

That is a very familiar archetype in many superhero movies tho.
Mordo, Sinstro, Doc Ock or Goblin and best of them all yet Henry Ducard.

£

Reacting to this spoilery revelation: I thought this was the case by default :D I mean, looking at the photos and character posters, they really didn't want to hide the fact (by casting this particular actor, the way he looks, etc.) that this could happen... I'm not surprised at all, I'm actually surprised that this is supposed to be a surprise.

I'm surprised that they couldn't do something else with that character...well, not that surprised.

Guys... Captain Marvel was never top tier character. There’s not a single five star plus run in the entire history of that character so look at this as a potential Iron-Man situation in a way that movie might become the ultimate portrayal and basis for years of paper material. And don’t be bothered with comic book tropes, after all they’re called ‘tropes’, for a reason. Doesn’t mean the actors have their hands tied to a singular way of performing their respective roles. More often than not, archetypes are actually characters that ultimately stand out.🕷️

Cap Marvel Spoilers

Odd because the official site kept his character's name as Mar-vell for some time and then suddenly removed it. No wonder why Law maintains such a douchey face throughout all the footage that has been released lol.
£

£

Really like that first Empire cover.🕷️