Annihilation (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Not a good trailer. If I hadn't read the synopsis, I'd have no fucking idea what it's about. Mysterious trailers should have some shots that excite and make you interested. This one didn't.

Not a very good trailer but actual footage looks AMAZING. Like a bizarre blend of Stalker, Stranger Things, and Hannibal.

-Vader

Meh, I felt nothing from that trailer. Ex Machina is one of the most overrated and predictable films of the decade. I can only say nice things about the score and visuals. It felt hollow, lifeless, generic. Trying too hard to be smart but failing. This could be more but so far it's giving me the same feeling. Portman sleep walking through the movie? Possibly.

Alright I'm game.

Fuck this looks great

All right, count me in! Nice to see Tessa Thompson in more movies.

shauner111 wrote:Meh, I felt nothing from that trailer. Ex Machina is one of the most overrated and predictable films of the decade. I can only say nice things about the score and visuals. It felt hollow, lifeless, generic. Trying too hard to be smart but failing. This could be more but so far it's giving me the same feeling. Portman sleep walking through the movie? Possibly.
sorry but this is a rly bad hot take, ex machina explored lots of interesting threads of philosophy and psychology.

Looks great. DP posts a lot of nice pics from the set/film on instagram too.

Love the atmosphere. Looks very Tarkovsky-inspired. Might even dodge seeing anymore trailers to keep the mystery alive.

elemunt wrote:
shauner111 wrote:Meh, I felt nothing from that trailer. Ex Machina is one of the most overrated and predictable films of the decade. I can only say nice things about the score and visuals. It felt hollow, lifeless, generic. Trying too hard to be smart but failing. This could be more but so far it's giving me the same feeling. Portman sleep walking through the movie? Possibly.
sorry but this is a rly bad hot take, ex machina explored lots of interesting threads of philosophy and psychology.
It was boring, predictable and what he was trying to explore was shit that's been done a million times. Execution is key, but I just didn't think it was interesting.