Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hamilton:
"There is a real gift in that so much time has passed, and that gives me so much more to explore with the character. Sarah Connor is the same person but I wanted to see how the difference in events have changed her and shaped her and send her forward. There was meat there. I didn’t want to just recycle the same idea. It’s a woman who has a different mission, a different story, so I wanted to see what we could do with that."
On ex-husband Cameron trying to get her for the role:
"He called me three times before I even called him back. The third time, he was like, “It’s about work,” and I’m like, “Oh, hey, what’s up?” But, even with that and his big sell, it took me weeks to decide that I really could go there and might have something new to say."
What it's like to play Connor again:
"It’s not like riding a bike, I’ll tell you that. [Laughs]. Of course, one assumes if you put in the same hard work, you get the same results, so I went straight back into training really hard and it’s like, “Oh my god, you need hormones to put muscle on!” So just starting with the basic cosmetics of the character and all of the things that I had to sort of include in my new reality as Sarah Connor. But, really, it’s about building her backstory and figuring out where she’s been and who she is today. You have a character but so many things have impacted her in the last 30 years that it was like starting over, and yet, there is an echo of the younger Sarah Connor in everything that I had to create. But no, I worked damn hard. I spent a year-plus training really hard and working on her walk and exploring her deep sorrows and just so many elements, and more so, because there is a path there. By the time we started, I felt ready, but a year-plus before that, I was pretty overwhelmed with a sense of obligation and duty and love for the character, just really trying to make sure that we honored the past and created something new for the future."
Connor at the start of the film:
"She’s a woman without a country. Her original mission has changed due to circumstances and she really doesn’t have a team anymore, she just has a thirst for vengeance, so that makes her very alone. She’s still a wildcard, but a wildcard without a real true mission is a lot more unpredictable. Basically very hard for her to find her humanity, so once again we get to take a journey on that level, to have some deep things that need to be rediscovered for her survival.

I doubt this movie will be good. The trailer did it absolutely no favors. The producers, should this fail, need to take a decades-long break before coming back to it with an "auteur"-esque director like Denis Villeneuve or Damien Chazelle to reboot the entire continuity. This "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks"-approach is almost worthless.

anikom15 wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 7:26 pm
LEXX wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Tim Miller says "Terminator: Dark Fate" will "scare the f**k" out of misogynistic internet trolls.

Totally insecure teen boys/men/trolls.
It looks like it’s already illegal to dislike/criticize this film.
I didn't know they already release this movie. :roll: Go and read the retarded Youtuber's comments to see idiots crying about female characters.
Geoffrey wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 6:44 pm
I doubt this movie will be good. The trailer did it absolutely no favors. The producers, should this fail, need to take a decades-long break before coming back to it with an "auteur"-esque director like Denis Villeneuve or Damien Chazelle to reboot the entire continuity. This "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks"-approach is almost worthless.
LOL!

Has anyone seen that trailer? Looks terrible.

"Terrible". LMAO! Looks damn fine with the same approach as Logan. People were raving at the full footage at CinemaCon so I wouldn't be too judgemental on the teaser trailer.

LEXX wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 10:09 pm
"Terrible". LMAO! Looks damn fine with the same approach as Logan. People were raving at the full footage at CinemaCon so I wouldn't be too judgemental on the teaser trailer.
All caps and exclamation marks huh.

Anyway, judgment day is coming so I guess we’ll see.

The major thing I didn't like about the trailer was the overuse of CGI with that digi-double...

Nomis wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 5:09 am
The major thing I didn't like about the trailer was the overuse of CGI with that digi-double...
And familiarity of it all... and randomness of that (again) heavily CGI-ed set piece. Like, in my book, just put the horse out of its misery already.
T2 (also in my All Time Top 10)
T1
T3
That's all there is to this franchise.