Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
HorrorBiz wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Well this sure aint happening now.
If we get another one of these then we have the international audiences to thank. It'll be lucky to make $100 million in the United States.
That's the stupidest thing I've heard today.

How? Opening third place to less than 30 million opening weekend isn't exactly a formula for mass success. With a 3x multiplier that's still only 90 million.

SilverHeart wrote:How? Opening third place to less than 30 million opening weekend isn't exactly a formula for mass success. With a 3x multiplier that's still only 90 million.
I was talking about international numbers v USA having final say or whatever. The movie is evidently doomed with already crippled legs, Inside Out and JW are doing rave numbers.

Is this franchise terminated then? For good?

More likely than not, yeah.

m4st4 wrote:I was talking about international numbers v USA having final say or whatever. The movie is evidently doomed with already crippled legs, Inside Out and JW are doing rave numbers.
Considering most blockbusters make the majority of their money from overseas markets (namely China), I think international numbers have a pretty big say in the matter. Just look at Pacific Rim getting a sequel. It sure as shit isn't because of its domestic intake.

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider
BREAKING: Paramount takes TERMINATOR 2 off its release schedule. It was previously scheduled for May 19, 2017.

TERMINATOR 2

:|

shitpost here or lock