Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
poplar wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 6:41 am
Nomis wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 5:27 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 9:25 am

It is known. Still, a solid entertainment and a lot of the set pieces still hold quite well. Afterwards, we got two terrible entries and a forgettable TV series. And now this. Will they ever learn? T2 was epic and thrilling as it was (and still is) because it broke new ground, not because he repeated the same old tropes all over again. But then again I understand, not everyone can accomplish what Cameron did, they can barely try to emulate.
true true

I just really wanted Cameron to direct T3 himself to seal the trilogy off...
Really? I really liked a dylogy he made, and an ending for T2 is magnificent. I wish that was a definitive ending.
Completely true, T2 is one of the best sequels ever, up their with Godfather II, Dark Knight, and Aliens. It wasthe perfect closure to the first movie.

@poplar: well the special edition basically is. This film is a continuation after that I think. T2 spoiler:
given that Hamilton is now older than she was depicted to be in that alternative ending of the special edition which is also a bit of a mind-fuck now
I guess I just always really wanted to see Cameron making a Terminator film set in the future that T1 and T2 depicted. To finish off Skynet after it was made, not by trying to prevent it.

thought he was dead or something

Cilogy wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 4:04 pm
thought he was dead or something
well he didn't look too healthy lately but lol

Not sure why some fans are obsessed with Edward Furlong. He's like a lite version of Norman Reedus. I mean you don't hire Mike Tyson or Jet Li for their voice. If you hear words coming out of Edward Furlong/John Connor voice there wouldn't be any Resistance. The guy still haven't outgrown that voice since T2. Drug wasn't the problem. Sadly the guy still haven't outgrown his look, acting and voice to be a believable John Connor.

Seriously this is what fans want? Sure if he was applying for an Italian Mafia Boss as the leader of the Resistance.

Yeah, it doesn't get me excited. I'd much rather see Bale return. But considering how the movie begins it's interesting how they're going to find a way to include John in the film.

Well given that this is a direct continuation of T1/T2 and has got Schwarzenegger and Hamilton back... Then yeah I can guess why they went with Furlong instead of Bale lol. Not much of a point to cast him again while trying to go with a clean slate

I wonder how big Furlong's role is.
We know we'll get at least one flashback scene with John still as a kid because we saw the stand-in who looks scarily much like Furlong did back then...

I know that they're going with a sequel to T2 and omitting the entire existence of 3, Salvation and Genishit. I'm just saying, Edward doesn't have a screen presence anymore. I'd much rather see Bale return, even though naturally it was always impossible considering they're skipping the sequels. What they could have done is get a new actor who kind of resembles the "adult John" from Terminator 2... just not Furlong.

As for the kid, the opening of the movie has leaked so we know what the kid version of John is doing in the movie...

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
He gets killed by another T-800 right after the T2 movie is over when Sarah and John think it's over. The T-800 who killed John is the one Arnold is playing in Dark Fate