Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looked like a trailer for an MMO

Seriously, it looks boring and even worse than Terminator Genysys

Forum Pro
Law
I will say though I liked the music ... not the beginning with the vocals but the rest.

Ace wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 9:01 am

lol in for Hamilton and Davis

"If you liked the previous Terminator, you’re going to love Genysis"

Looks terrible.

T3 still underrated.

T2 forever the king.

Cameron:

“I think, tonally, what makes this a direct sequel to ‘T1’ and ‘T2’ is as much about the tone as it is about the narrative: it’s R rated, it’s grim, it’s gritty, it’s fast, it’s intense, it’s linear,” said Cameron.
“The whole story takes place in 36 hours.
It’s not this kind of grandiose, complex story. It’s just very focused on the characters, it’s very now, it’s very present and it’s just a fast white-knuckle ride.”
source

I guessed I was wrong. After watching Logan's trailer again. I try watching T:DF trailer again with a new perspective and I totall dig it. The song works great this time around the the trailer pacing does focus on more of the characters. I guessed I hype myself too much when first watching the trailer but I totally like it the second time around with a new perspective and not expecting some extravagant trailer form the Terminator series. I mean this is a teaser after all and not giving much away. But the CGI is still freaking bad so they really need to get that fix.

Miller:
“After Deadpool there were a lot of projects I could’ve chosen, but I really wanted to see Linda Hamilton come back to personally continue her story as Sarah Connor. Like James Cameron, I always find stories about women are much more interesting than men picking up guns. Jim’s movies are grounded in reality and character and just happen to have time travel and robots. I’m wired the same way. I want to give the audience a story about Sarah and these new characters and make everything else as realistic as possible. I want to sit in the audience and believe that this shit could happen to me. That’s how I’m approaching it.”
Talks about Mackenzie's character:
“Before we brought in screenwriters, we did a room with novelists at my request because they’re world builders and we’re reinventing the franchise. One was Joe Abercrombie [the First Law series], who pointed out that the Terminator films tend to have a trinity of main characters. One of those is the protector, the Kyle Reese character. Joe came out with this idea that a new protector from the future is a machine fighter. It’s a painful life, and they’re scarred and take a lot of drugs to combat the pain of what’s been done to them. They don’t live a long time. It’s a very sacrificial role; they risk death to save others. And from the very first suggestion it was always a woman. We had to look for someone who has the physicality, but I’m very sensitive to actors. I didn’t just want a woman who could physically fit the role but emotionally as well. Mackenzie really wanted to do it; she came after the role. She worked harder than anybody.”
“If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the fuck out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine. We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early s–t that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a fuck.”
source