Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well the first T3 was too familiar as well. They basically remade T2... Even though it's still an entertaining film, it's nowhere near T1 and T2.

Seeing Hamilton back is exciting though and I still have hopes for this turning out to be at least a good action film if not a good Terminator film.

Nomis wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 5:37 am
Well the first T3 was too familiar as well. They basically remade T2... Even though it's still an entertaining film, it's nowhere near T1 and T2.

Seeing Hamilton back is exciting though and I still have hopes for this turning out to be at least a good action film if not a good Terminator film.
It is known. Still, a solid entertainment and a lot of the set pieces still hold quite well. Afterwards, we got two terrible entries and a forgettable TV series. And now this. Will they ever learn? T2 was epic and thrilling as it was (and still is) because it broke new ground, not because he repeated the same old tropes all over again. But then again I understand, not everyone can accomplish what Cameron did, they can barely try to emulate.

I actually liked Salvation despite its flaws.

Pratham wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 11:26 am
I actually did too. It's a shame that a lot of the cooler scenes were cut.

LMAO! T3 is pure shit. Even that crappy Salvation was a better film. Don't even put T3 in the same sentence as T1 and T2. Same goes with the Alien franchise.

Artemis wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 11:39 am
Pratham wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 11:26 am
I actually did too. It's a shame that a lot of the cooler scenes were cut.
The director's cut was a bit better. But still it was an enjoyable and unique entry. I loved the GnR reference and Bale was the most badass John Connor we had. I think I could have done without the whole Marcus subplot and made it into a straight futuristic war film with John Connor as the sole lead.

However, in hindsight it is funny that Worthington was getting a lot of praise for Salvation on the Avatar hype. To me he was always a bit bland in the film (the interrogation scene being the only standout) and with an accent that was all over the place.

m4st4 wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 9:25 am
Nomis wrote:

It is known. Still, a solid entertainment and a lot of the set pieces still hold quite well. Afterwards, we got two terrible entries and a forgettable TV series. And now this. Will they ever learn? T2 was epic and thrilling as it was (and still is) because it broke new ground, not because he repeated the same old tropes all over again. But then again I understand, not everyone can accomplish what Cameron did, they can barely try to emulate.
true true

I just really wanted Cameron to direct T3 himself to seal the trilogy off...

Nomis wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 5:27 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 9:25 am
Nomis wrote:

true true

I just really wanted Cameron to direct T3 himself to seal the trilogy off...
Really? I really liked a dylogy he made, and an ending for T2 is magnificent. I wish that was a definitive ending.

I mean for you it still can be. You don't really have to think off the other sequels and treat the Cameron films as its own thing. Art is mostly what you interpret it to be.

LelekPL wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 7:19 am
I mean for you it still can be. You don't really have to think off the other sequels and treat the Cameron films as its own thing. Art is mostly what you interpret it to be.
Yeah, I know.
But I really like closure, and if it is meant for everyone it has much more impact for culture and art as a whole.