Logan (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: Twentieth Century Fox has begun negotiations with James Mangold to return for another installment of The Wolverine, with Hugh Jackman bringing back his signature character with the razor sharp adamantium hooks. This comes after The Wolverine played very strongly overseas, enough to now sit as the second highest grossing X-Men film of all time. The film has grossed $413 million worldwide, with $132 million domestic and $280 million in international revenue.

Here’s where it is right now. Mangold is making a deal to write the treatment, with X-Men franchise matriarch Lauren Shuler Donner producing. The storyline is being kept under tight wraps. I think Mangold did a bang up job on his first superhero film. When I met him at Comic-Con San Diego, he said he tried to veer from the usual superhero formula–if hero doesn’t succeed, world is doomed–and instead make it a character-driven storyline. There were plenty of action pieces, samurai swordplay and reasons for Logan to work up that famous temper, but at its core the film worked because the stakes were subtler and the storytelling somehow more intimate. Mangold is repped by WME and Management 360, Jackman by WME.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/james-m ... rine-film/

Just curious - is Jackman gonna keep playing Wolverine till he's senile?

BTW, he probably has the record for most appearances as the same character in movies, right?

oracle86 wrote:Just curious - is Jackman gonna keep playing Wolverine till he's senile?

BTW, he probably has the record for most appearances as the same character in movies, right?
I'm wondering the same thing. X-Men is a pretty good film franchise, but the way they bank on Wolverine is just ridiculous. Even the newest trailer for Days of Future Past kind of revolved around him unnecessarily.

Their first one exceeded my expectations, so I'm looking forward to this.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Their first one exceeded my expectations, so I'm looking forward to this.
While I agree to a certain degree, I'm simply getting tired of Wolvie (basically because he ended up taking the spotlight in Days of Future Past, when i hoped that wouldn't be the case). One thing is certain though, Wolverine is inmortal so i wonder how much does Jackman want to keep playing the character.

Just give it a fucking R-rated release and I'm sold.

He earned millions with it, was nominated for an Oscar for best actor recently, has the opportunity to work with great directors or in more challenging roles, but no, he prefer to play Wolverine again.

ok :thumbup:

Cilogy wrote:Just give it a fucking R-rated release and I'm sold.
The Wolverine wasn't R-rated and made so much money, so I'm pretty sure the studio will want to continue the same formula. So no R-rating. :(

oracle86 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Just give it a fucking R-rated release and I'm sold.
The Wolverine wasn't R-rated and made so much money, so I'm pretty sure the studio will want to continue the same formula. So no R-rating. :(
True studios only care about $$$ but there is going to be an unrated cut of the wolverine released in December .

Eventually he will be too old to play Wolverine. At least I hope so.