Logan (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Boyd Holbrook's gonna be the MVP.
Yip I'm curious about him too. Plus, he has an artificial arm yo. characters with artificial limbs (esp. an arm) are always cool - just saying.

Forum Pro
Law
the_red_ninja wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Boyd Holbrook's gonna be the MVP.
Yip I'm curious about him too. Plus, he has an artificial arm yo. characters with artificial limbs (esp. an arm) are always cool - just saying.

but why are they in a limo tho

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:but why are they in a limo tho
Hes a limo driver

Meh not crazy on these news

Part of why this is such an event is because it's the end of a journey of a character I started loving in 2000. Having Patrick Stewart in it ties it to the original trilogy and DoFP. I don't care having no references to it, but contradict these films would piss me off.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Meh not crazy on these news

Part of why this is such an event is because it's the end of a journey of a character I started loving in 2000. Having Patrick Stewart in it ties it to the original trilogy and DoFP. I don't care having no references to it, but contradict these films would piss me off.
Same. If it's just set in an alternate universe, then that kinda deprives the story of impact and consequences.

The X-Men films were alteady contradicting themselves before. This wouldn't be anything new and I don't have a problem with it. I'd prefer a good standalone movie than wondering how it connects to the previous ones. I say "continuity, schmontinuity", just give us a good film.

Ok 1st act spoilers I guess
There's reference to Logan's cage fighting and Liberty Island, so Hugh is wrong lol
Of course the X-Men timeline is fucked up, but the first Tagline of this film was literally ''One Last Time''. I want to watch the old version of a character I saw mentored by Xavier in the original film and then reversed roles with the young one in DoFP. To have this rich backstory is important at least for me. If not, I'm even wondering why they kept Hugh and not recast the part

Well Mangold pretty much denied the whole not same universe thing, reiterating that it takes places 5 yrs after DOFP