Logan (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
Well I did like that he was the son of Stryker. Right? I thought they said that in dialogue without mentioning Stryker's name.
More Boyd wouldn't have hurt that's for sure

edit: lol wait that can't be
Stryker had that mutant child as we saw in X2 just remembered.
He's not Stryker's son. He was the son of a man who was killed at Alkali Lake when Wolverine escaped the Weapon X program (in the Apocalypse scene). It's that way in the comics too.
And Pratham put some spoiler tags on that yo. What's the matter with you?

EDIT: Also this is an epic throwback. Nice touch Mangold:

Bacon wrote:
Nomis wrote:
Well I did like that he was the son of Stryker. Right? I thought they said that in dialogue without mentioning Stryker's name.
More Boyd wouldn't have hurt that's for sure

edit: lol wait that can't be
Stryker had that mutant child as we saw in X2 just remembered.
He's not Stryker's son. He was the son of a man who was killed at Alkali Lake when Wolverine escaped the Weapon X program (in the Apocalypse scene). It's that way in the comics too.
Aahh, that's pretty nice.

Nomis wrote: Aahh, that's pretty nice.
Wikipedia even goes so far as to say he's the son of Bryan Singer (who cameo'd in the Apocalypse scene). Don't know where they're getting that, but whatever. lol

:twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: for this movie.

Nomis wrote:I think so too Pratham.

IMDb says this was finished in 4K, but it isn't right? I do wish they would've shot this on film... Although the cinematography was better than previous X-Men films.
Anamorphic on the Alexa is 2.8K.

I'm not a wimp for getting a lil' teary eyed during a few scenes right?

This film is almost miraculous.

While some of the comic booky-ness was still intact, and I'd argue had to be intact if only to maintain some sort of narrative consistency between X-Men films, I gotta say I absolutely loved how:
the energy serum or whatever Logan uses fades away so quickly; likely a sign of how old and worn out he is. I thought it really added to the realism in a huge way, that scene could easily have turned into the most tropey moment of film
Sysmatic wrote:I'm not a wimp for getting a lil' teary eyed during a few scenes right?
No, it just makes you gay.

Cilogy wrote:
Sysmatic wrote:I'm not a wimp for getting a lil' teary eyed during a few scenes right?
No, it just makes you gay.
We all must be a little gay for this movie.