A Star Is Born (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This is really superb. Unsurprisingly owes something to Russell in terms of style and assembly while moving beyond that in a lot of ways. The "Shallows" concert sequence is an all-timer, absolutely scintillating.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:02 am
This is really superb. Unsurprisingly owes something to Russell in terms of style and assembly while moving beyond that in a lot of ways. The "Shallows" concert sequence is an all-timer, absolutely scintillating.
So student becomes the master? Guys I’m so behind with everything other than Destiny 2 I guess. And waiting for RDR2. Don’t have the energy to drive measly half an hour to see a movie these days, workload and everything. But I’ll get to this, eventually. I’ll get to everything. 🕷️

This is the most Hollywood Hollywood movie I've possibly seen ever. I was bored out of my mind, don't know why everyone is acting like this is one of the best of the year? I understand that going in I war prepared to dislike it, so that may impact how I feel about it, but nothing from the movie felt particularly special aside from Sam Elliott's performance.

m4st4 wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 11:08 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:02 am
So student becomes the master? Guys I’m so behind with everything other than Destiny 2 I guess. And waiting for RDR2. Don’t have the energy to drive measly half an hour to see a movie these days, workload and everything. But I’ll get to this, eventually. I’ll get to everything. 🕷️
Dude, I'm in the same boat. My brain just works so slowly these days, can't explain why. Still haven't seen First Man, which has been my most anticipated film for ages.

Saw this the other day though and it's wonderful. Editing felt a little off at some places, but the movie is still thoroughly enjoyable.

Craziest part is that it might not even end up on my top 10 list at the end, that's how good 2018 has been.

He's so getting a Best Supporting Actor Nom, definitely deserves it

Bring him back to the Mission Impossible franchise you cowards

I'm going to die mad about how the song about ass in jeans isn't in the running for Best Original Song.

Artemis wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 8:46 pm
I'm going to die mad about how the song about ass in jeans isn't in the running for Best Original Song.
It was finally Dianne Warren's time!

I'm seeing this with a new friend today. Am I gonna cry?