The Criterion Collection

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 3:56 am
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Anyone seen Eyes Without a Face? I think I may get that.
Fantastic film. Amazing creepy atmosphere, great cinematography. Can get a little long at times but the movie still feels way ahead of its time.
Suhweet. Thanks man, I think I’m gonna buy it

I too recommend Eyes Without a Face. Classic.

:twothumbsup:

Put David Lean's Brief Encounter in my cart. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

casual shout into the void all of you should be buying Yi Yi

In 2002, Yi Yi was selected by the British film magazine Sight & Sound as one of the ten greatest films of the past 25 years.

Yi Yi also placed third in a 2009 Village Voice Film Poll ranking "The Best Film of the Decade", tying with La Commune (Paris, 1871) (2000) and Zodiac (2007), and also placed third in a 2009 IndieWire Critics' Poll of the "Best Film of the Decade". The film was summarized by film critic Nigel Andrews, who stated in the Financial Times that "[t]o describe [Yi Yi] as a three-hour Taiwanese family drama is like calling Citizen Kane a film about a newspaper."[7]

Aggregation site They Shoot Pictures, Don't They has named it as the third most acclaimed film of the 21st century among critics.[4] It also received 20 total votes in the 2012 Sight & Sound polls,[8] and was ranked the eighth greatest film of the 21st century in a 2016 BBC poll.[5] In 2019, The Guardian ranked Yi Yi 26th in its 100 Best Films of the 21st Century list.
merely an all-timer masterpiece not nearly enough people in our general age group have seen

-Vader

i bought La Ciénaga, because i need to diversify my criterion collection

Decided not to get anything until the larger sale in late November, and same day went to my local used movie/bookstore and found Wild Strawberries on Blu-Ray for $6.99 :shock:

Talk about a nice surprise.

but why

why oh why is there no Criterion edition of Ryan's Daughter yet? I want my first viewing to be dankness

i’ve been feuding with netflix via twitter (aka i drunkenly tweet them and they don’t respond) for a few weeks now and one of my gripes was that they were cowards for not bring roma to blu ray so this is the result of me i fixed it and you’re welcome

the company can still suck my ass