Nocturnal Animals (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 708
Joined: April 2013

Posts: 2555
Joined: January 2015
Location: Poland
Such a beautiful, yet frustrating movie. There's A LOT to like but much like the story of the book, it leaves you not completely fullfilled. Intentionally or not, this makes it lose a couple of points in my book.

Still, it's an overall good movie and a nice sophmore companion piece to A Single Man.

Posts: 8729
Joined: December 2011
Saw this again tonight and loved it even more. And enjoyed it more than Arrival's respective second warch - this has really great rewatch value.

Tom Ford for Bond 25? Dammit, would really like him to take on a studio film.

Posts: 22409
Joined: May 2010
Location: Castle
antovolk wrote:
Tom Ford for Bond 25? Dammit, would really like him to take on a studio film.
This would be fucking amazing

Posts: 7305
Joined: June 2010
Location: London town, UK
Z.Cobb's review: This was worth my time and I paid it gladly.

Posts: 8269
Joined: August 2009
Saw this today. Loved the film! Tom Ford needs to get started on his third film now. I want more from this man. I can't afford his clothes or makeup but I can afford the movie ticket. Come on Mr. Ford.

Posts: 42100
Joined: May 2010
akv1984 wrote:Saw this today. Loved the film! Tom Ford needs to get started on his third film now. I want more from this man. I can't afford his clothes or makeup but I can afford the movie ticket. Come on Mr. Ford.
Could you see him doing a DC film?

Posts: 8269
Joined: August 2009
Allstar wrote:
akv1984 wrote:Saw this today. Loved the film! Tom Ford needs to get started on his third film now. I want more from this man. I can't afford his clothes or makeup but I can afford the movie ticket. Come on Mr. Ford.
Could you see him doing a DC film?
lol such a random question. Probably not. He could do a totally high noir film for The Question I guess. Or like some drama centered around Huntress. :lol:

Posts: 11227
Joined: December 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
I think I recall Kermode(?) calling this an "angry" film.
I agree.

I like Ford as a director. He has a certain style and I think it's right down my alley.

Posts: 19267
Joined: June 2012
Location: 1860s, New England
Saw this yesterday, really liked it. Adams and Gyllenhaal were great, especially Gyllenhaal. I hope Ford is going to make films more frequently. Bond would be terrific.

Post Reply