Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

James Gunn
5 mins · Facebook Mentions ·
All right. From this moment on I’m going to stop commenting on any rumors surrounding Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, because, eventually, someone is going to come up with a spoiler that has some truth to it. That said, the rumors surrounding Quill’s parentage at the present moment are completely false, and aren’t even close to the truth. I don’t know how people come up with this stuff, but it certainly isn’t through legitimate sources.
Also, I get the desire to get “scoops” on character inclusion and casting choices, etc. But since when is a plot spoiler a “scoop”? Is this really what fandom wants to know? Plot details in movies ahead of time? I got in this business because I love movies, and I think most film journalists are the same way. And spoiling plot details doesn’t add to the enjoyment of the film-going experience. So bravo to those folks out there who don’t partake in this sort of thing.
But, as I said, eventually someone will actually spoil some detail of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. So this will be my last comment squelching a rumor until May 2017. But if you do pick up on some plot detail between now and then, be aware, A) They are likely full of shit, as has been everyone so far who has claimed to have had inside info, and B) We’re creating a film that doesn’t rely on plot twists to be an enjoyable experience. They’re only a very small part of what we’re cooking up for you.
James

Mayimbe just got blown the fuck out.

To be fair, Joss Whedon said the 'Hulk is going to space' rumor wasn't true and that happened.

A bit of a boon in favor of the rumor...

This is gonna blow balls just like the first one.

Now Mayimbe has apologized to James Gunn and admitted he was wrong! What a tool.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:What a tool.
Umberto 'Ace Scooper Apex Predator Alpha Geek Fly Bro Humble Gentleman El Mayimbe' Gonzalez wrote:"Captain, while a great many people see you as a hero, there are some who prefer the word vigilante." My Ace Scooper career in a nutshell.

Kurt Russell Eyed to Play Chris Pratt’s Dad in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
As “The Hateful Eight” prepares to storm theaters, its star Kurt Russell has emerged as James Gunn‘s choice to play Chris Pratt‘s father in Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” multiple individuals familiar with the film’s casting process have told TheWrap.

Marvel has not officially offered Russell the coveted part yet, nor has Russell read the script, but meetings are expected to take place soon.

Representatives for Marvel and Russell declined to comment.

Russell is in the midst of a strong year, with Quentin Tarantino‘s “The Hateful Eight” riding in on the (w)heels of “Furious 7” and the acclaimed horror Western “Bone Tomahawk.” He also snagged a key role alongside Mark Wahlberg in Peter Berg‘s “Deepwater Horizon.”

Pratt will be joined by his returning co-stars Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista, as well as up-and-coming actress Pom Klementieff, who is new to the sequel. Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel will, of course, reprise their respective voice roles as Rocket and Groot.

Diesel just worked with Russell on “Furious 7,” though it’s unclear whether Diesel lobbied Gunn to cast Russell or played any part in his potential recruitment.

Production will begin early next year, with Disney releasing “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” on May 5, 2017. The original space opera grossed $774 million worldwide.

Russell is considered geek royalty amongst genre fans thanks to his charismatic hero turns in John Carpenter‘s “Escape From New York,” “The Thing” and “Big Trouble in Little China.” He’s represented by CAA and manager Rick Nicita of RPMedia.

I dig it.