Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Still waiting for Chris Stuckmann's review...

User of Interest wrote:Still waiting for Chris Stuckmann's review...
Same here, I can't wait for it.

What he says will decide whether I see it or not.

Allstar wrote:Same here, I can't wait for it.

What he says will decide whether I see it or not.
I will watch the movie regardless. I watch everything set in the MCU. "Cloak and Dagger" included.

Allstar wrote:It's at 86% with 65 reviews.

We should be concerned because Jeremy Jahns did not like it though.
Or 86% of reviews gave it a 6/10? Even if 99% gave the film a 6/10, it would not magically become a 9.9/10 film in terms of quality. It might not be that good and that's ok because Disney will survive criticism.

The first film explored character through introductions within a plot-driven story transpiring in a wide variety of locales. This new film explores character through the evolution of their relationships and reversals of expectations with one another, in a character-driven story that mostly takes place in two main locations.

Buried character motives are pulled slowly, painfully to the surface, overshadowing and supplanting previously revealed motives that disguised far more complex truths these characters hid from everyone, including themselves. These aren't reversals driven by plot necessity, nor are they changes that seem contrary to what's come before and untrue to who these characters really are. Rather, they are fully formed people within whom many truths and sides reside, and each new reveal has its roots in what came before, making it clear what we're seeing now was inevitable. Maybe even predictable, if we'd taken time to think longer about them and the implications of their past deeds.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes ... eff949719a

Gunn says this is exactly what he intended.
Batfan175 wrote:Or 86% of reviews gave it a 6/10? Even if 99% gave the film a 6/10, it would not magically become a 9.9/10 film in terms of quality.
The average score at the moment is a 7.1 you buffoon.

Allstar wrote:The average score at the moment is a 7.1 you buffoon.
I know but a review would need to be around 6/10 to be considered fresh, wouldn't it? My point still stands: if every positive review were to be a 7/10 then it's a decent but not a perfect film, no matter how many critics give it a 7/10. If a film has flaws that's ok, and if people can still enjoy it that's fine.

"I have famously huge turds," the oafish one exclaims, a supposed laugh line in this collection of images and sound, and not a message from the filmmakers to its audience.

The experience of bringing mi hijo to watch this was akin to bringing him to the playhouse at a McDonald. There, I sat in horror as the child dove into the contaminated, aggressively colored ball pit to play with latchkey kids hopped up on the poison shop's high fructose corn syrup. Here, I watched him absorb glibly wanton destruction and murder with a spoonful of 'turd' sugar to help it go down with nary a moment of concern.

With little semblance of narrative thrust to grab onto, I gradually succumbed to the visual and aural cacophony of people who no doubt press every button on the elevator when they get on. Or perhaps every button in the digital effects house.

~ AGI

Batfan175 wrote:
Allstar wrote:The average score at the moment is a 7.1 you buffoon.
I know but a review would need to be around 6/10 to be considered fresh, wouldn't it? My point still stands: if every positive review were to be a 7/10 then it's a decent but not a perfect film, no matter how many critics give it a 7/10. If a film has flaws that's ok, and if people can still enjoy it that's fine.
What do you mean every review is 7? There are plenty of 8, 9, 6, etc ratings. How about you actually check the facts before making a statement.£

Why are we still arguing with this clown?

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:Why are we still arguing with this clown?
Screw you
If and when you get the joke, know that I was joking and love u