Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 4:11 am
Batfan175 wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 2:58 am
The idea that going from 5-pointed trident to 3-pointed trident = character development is just...lol
Where did you get that idea? ...oh, just invented it and then immediately commented on it? Got it.

It's a plot development. 🕷
The awful DCEU fans on twitter were trying to make just that argument about character development to a tv critic I like.

Advance ticket sales are pretty good apparently. Might do somewhere in the vicinity of Venom or at least higher than the previously projected 55 mil opening.

Also the first social media reactions will be released on Monday, November 26th, at 2pm PT, while the full reviews will debut on Tuesday, December 11th, at 11 am PT.

Source: Eric Davis from Fandango.£

A member of Hollywood royalty has a secret role in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Aquaman.

None other than Oscar-winner Julie Andrews has a previously unannounced part to play in the superhero adventure, EW has learned exclusively.

The Sound of Music actress voices the mythic Karathen, an undersea creature that holds the key to Arthur Curry’s (Jason Momoa) quest to unite the Atlantean and surface worlds.

The casting is particularly interesting as Aquaman is going head-to-head at the box office next month against Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns — the sequel to Andrews’ 1964 classic — which also has a live-action plus animation underwater sequence. Andrews declined to appear in the sequel, as she reportedly didn’t want to distract from star Emily Blunt’s take on the iconic role, though is said to be fully supportive of the project.

“We wanted the Karathen to have the voice of a classic British actress, albeit somewhat digitally altered,” explained Aquaman producer Peter Safran. “And when we found out Julie was interested and available and excited to do it, casting her was a no-brainer.”

As for the timing of going against Mary Poppins Returns, Safran jokingly added, “Who knew that Aquaman would have the real Mary Poppins this Christmas?”
https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/23/julie-andrews-aquaman/

Well then I suppose I have to see this after all.£

Wow that's pretty damn cool

Master Virgo wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 6:29 pm
Well then I suppose I have to see this after all.£
+1

I might give this movie a chance.

Press social media reactions are up and... it looks like Wan made a second best DCEU movie after BvS:DC. Or WW. I might have a superfun night out soon, then, with Spiderverse supposedly being great too (not a huge surprise, that one).🕷️

Aquaman, Aquaman
Talks to Fish like Noone Can

I’ll wait for reactions from actual critics. Even the tweets from the manchildren had reservations.

m4st4 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:48 am
Press social media reactions are up and... it looks like Wan made a second best DCEU movie after BvS:DC. Or WW. I might have a superfun night out soon, then, with Spiderverse supposedly being great too (not a huge surprise, that one).🕷️
Sounds good, wonder how the reviews will turn out. Maybe along the lines of Wonder Woman.