Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 2:28 pm
Had too much fun with this. The popcorniest popcorn that 2018 has ever popcorned. See it in 4DX, accept no substitutes.

Really thought this fully leans into the ridiculousness and the tropes combines it with inspired casting and absolutely mesmerising worldbuilding (lol Mortal Engines, you tried) and production design for the popcorniest film of 2018. Is it gonna be as all round memorable as, say, Wonder Woman? No, probably not. But I don't think they're necessarily going for that. It absolutely has zero 'aspirations' for being more than a movie like this aims to be and Wan fires all cylinders 100% at achieving that.
How was Black Manta and specifically his inside-helmet voice? Going tommorrow.🕷️

Manta is v. cool, particularly his 'origin story' so to say. Which makes it a shame he's only secondary to Orm (who's awesome) and pretty much disappears until that sequel. Voice is 'aight.

antovolk wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 7:04 pm
Manta is v. cool, particularly his 'origin story' so to say. Which makes it a shame he's only secondary to Orm (who's awesome) and pretty much disappears until that sequel. Voice is 'aight.
Would the movie benefited from just making one the main villain and save Manta for the sequel instead of two threats?

I havent seen the movie so of course I do not know how they interweave the two villains together, but was just thinking after hearing it is very long

xWhereAmI? wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 8:32 pm
antovolk wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 7:04 pm
Would the movie benefited from just making one the main villain and save Manta for the sequel instead of two threats?

I havent seen the movie so of course I do not know how they interweave the two villains together, but was just thinking after hearing it is very long
Actually they're interweaved pretty well, it's just that Manta gets the payoff fight at the end of the second act...

Seeing this in a couple of hours, really looking forward to it!

Nomis wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 11:40 am
Seeing this in a couple of hours, really looking forward to it!
I’m shocked!

This was terrible. Brother woke me up during the final fight. Thank god for the genius that was Spider-verse before it. I rate it barely above SS and JL.🕷️

m4st4 wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 6:09 pm
This was terrible. Brother woke me up during the final fight. Thank god for the genius that was Spider-verse before it. I rate it barely above SS and JL.🕷️
Wow. lol

m4st4 wrote:
Where are BvS and MoS on that list? Just curious.

Sanchez wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 6:37 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Where are BvS and MoS on that list? Just curious.
Above Aquaman. BvS:DC and MoS. But honestly I’m done with this universe after this one.🕷️