Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What were you guys expecting? They're character posters, and that's exactly what they look like.

If you had told me some time ago that a big budget film directed by freaking James Wan, starring Willem Dafoe and Patrick Wilson will be a hard pass for me, I would have called you a liar.

Then again I had the same stance on Wonder Woman and I had to eat major crows for that one, so.£

Master Virgo wrote:
November 8th, 2018, 2:46 am
If you had told me some time ago that a big budget film directed by freaking James Wan, starring Willem Dafoe and Patrick Wilson will be a hard pass for me, I would have called you a liar.

Then again I had the same stance on Wonder Woman and I had to eat major crows for that one, so.£
I feel exactly the same way.

Nothing wrong with the posters, typical promotion stuff.

However, I’m going into this with zero expectations. Feels like 3-3.5/5 at best, so just barely under Wonder Woman if everything in the movie works as it should. Trailers didn’t give me the confidence though. 🕷️

I've still yet to see Wonder Woman but I'm slightly intrigued by how effectively James Wan and crew pull of the ♫under the sea♫ visuals in Aquarium-Man.
In the trailers it's looking comfortably the stronger aspect,at present.

Forum Pro
Law

Nice poster, horrid tagline

None of these people look wet let alone underwater.

anikom15 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 1:45 am
None of these people look wet let alone underwater.
James Wan actually addressed this. When you're underwater, you don't really look wet. You look wet when you get out of the water.
Do you know that when you’re underwater, you don’t actually look wet. The water isn’t beading off your skin, giving you the typical glossy wet look you’re familiar with. Check it out the next time you’re in a pool. (And that concludes my amateur science lesson for the day)
https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/status ... 17?lang=en

If you live in America and have Amazon Prime, you can get tickets for special December 15th screenings.

I just bought mine. Looking forward to sharing my disappointment with you all 6 days before the rest of the country.