Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 1:42 pm
The panel is Saturday right? Don't they release it online basically the same day? They used to release them online first Monday or Tuesday depending on the time zone but the bootlegs got out rather immediately.

50 Things to Know About Aquaman: http://collider.com/aquaman-movie-details-story/
WB confirmed it's out Saturday. Panel is 7:30pm-9:30pm CET

Ace wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 12:05 pm
they could of at least made ir look like he is underwater.

I don't want to sound too cynical... okay, who am I kidding, this is Aquaman, so who cares. With all those orcas and sharks and turtles, doesn't this look like a Disney cartoon, or an educational children's TV show on Fox Kids?

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 3:23 am
I don't want to sound too cynical... okay, who am I kidding, this is Aquaman, so who cares. With all those orcas and sharks and turtles, doesn't this look like a Disney cartoon, or an educational children's TV show on Fox Kids?
I mean it is Aquaman?

What doesn’t sell it for me is the clear surfbro attitude. Aquaman should be proper intense and send a clear gtfo vibe to Atlanteans and Earthlings alike, a true outcast. I have a feeling this iteration will be fish in the water even on dry land. Just rockin’ whatever. What they really need to nail to make this a success is his relationship with Mera though.

the_red_ninja wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 2:24 am

:lol: :facepalm:

Blair that is brilliant. :lol:
Sysmatic wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 7:50 am
the_red_ninja wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 2:24 am

:lol: :facepalm:
Yeah, about that, someone on Twitter said something similar to Wan... ‘why isn’t he wet??’

Because people don’t actually have a glossy/wet look underwater, and they can’t put a bloom all over a frickin poster that is supposed to be superclear and sell your movie.

I have to be honest, that's my problem with the whole "Aquaman on film" concept. In Justice League it looked HORRENDEOUS, in my opinion. Because it looked exactly as if they went underwater with the actors and filmed that, but... who wants to look at this watery world with ZERO colours other than greenis-blueish dirty seawater colour? There was literally no colour on the palette in the Aquaman scenes.

But if you go the other way and it looks like any other "normal", continental world, then... what's the point? I don't know, I might be extremely stupid, but I just don't see how this could work.

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 8:20 am
I have to be honest, that's my problem with the whole "Aquaman on film" concept. In Justice League it looked HORRENDEOUS, in my opinion. Because it looked exactly as if they went underwater with the actors and filmed that, but... who wants to look at this watery world with ZERO colours other than greenis-blueish dirty seawater colour? There was literally no colour on the palette in the Aquaman scenes.

But if you go the other way and it looks like any other "normal", continental world, then... what's the point? I don't know, I might be extremely stupid, but I just don't see how this could work.

We’ll find out soon enough. But I have faith in Wan because in this case the entire filming process was about figuring out how to do it properly without alienating the audience and diminishing the characters.