Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I bet he does.

WB needs really good directors, like George Miller.

didich wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:True true. A DC universe in that vein on the big screen would be magic. The individual parts are so much more intriguing than their Marvel counterparts for my money.
They truly produced a fantastic take of these characters. It was smart and able to ask clever and subversive questions, but never forgot what makes the genre work in the first place. In the Timmverse you could have burden (like in the Cadmus arc) and yet the characters didn't have to lose their romantic and idealistic side for the sake of easy drama. In fact the DCEU biggest mistake is that, by avoiding most notions of optimism or levity, centering themselves on how much would it suck to be these people or how bad they'd be for the world at large, hoping to achive some kind of intelectual maturity, they made Superman and Batman (and the rest) emotionally two-dimensional, unable to feel like real people could.
Guys, I've only watched BTAS in the Timmverse. What other shows would you recommend?

atilasantos wrote:WB needs really good directors, like George Miller.
He is being rumored to direct Green Lantern Corps.

Nomis wrote:
atilasantos wrote:WB needs really good directors, like George Miller.
He is being rumored to direct Green Lantern Corps.
That's bullshit.

For Miller, I would have wanted him on Wonder Woman after seeing how well he handled Furiousa. But in the upcoming slate, I think Cyborg is possibly the next best thing for him.

Any DCEU film would be interesting for Miller to do, I'd love it if WB brings him onboard. However, I hope he makes another Mad Max film first :D