Neil Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ComptonTerry wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
BlairCo wrote:3 films, and one that hasn't even been released yet? Might as well call Damien Chazelle a hack for writing that dreadful Grand Piano film.
Chazelle has a great film that he directed on his resume.

Blomkamp does not.
Yeah he does and it's called District 9. You being one of the only few people who didn't like something doesn't suddenly make it not great.

At least try and explain why you think you are right and everybody else is wrong. What isn't great about it?
Typical Armand. He usually tends to do stuff like that.

Because by virtue of this being a message board I don't believe I need the disclaimer of THIS IS MY OPINION Y'ALL on every post.

If you must know it's because a promising first act devolves into a gormless, slack-jawed run-and-gun film without any characters of entertainment worth/depth/anything beyond the protagonist, and yet it has airs of being a major statement on Apartheid because Blomkamp doesn't understand how to refine a cultural situation into a story without bashing you over the head with a giant mallet with "THE POINT" stamped on the side.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Because by virtue of this being a message board I don't believe I need the disclaimer of THIS IS MY OPINION Y'ALL on every post.
That's just your opinion :x

theseeker9175 wrote: Typical Armand. He usually tends to do stuff like that.
Probably typed that shit drinking tea with his pinky out.

I'm cool with this, I just hope he is not writing.

Forum Pro
Law

I'm with Allstar

he's a capable enough director, just don't let him anywhere near the script

or just don't make the film, that's better for everyone

Allstar wrote:I'm cool with this, I just hope he is not writing.
He has been a writer for all 3 of his films, he's probably gonna write something. The question is will he be the only writer? And that's the thing. I don't want him to be the only writer and either do you. I think that after the overall good but still disappointed general reaction of Elysium he seems to have recognized he needs somebody else because he brought is wife back for Chappie and she definitely made a difference with D9. We will have to see how Chappie turns out to see if together they are a winning combo or if he needs another co-writer

ComptonTerry wrote:
Allstar wrote:I'm cool with this, I just hope he is not writing.
He has been a writer for all 3 of his films, he's probably gonna write something. The question is will he be the only writer? And that's the thing. I don't want him to be the only writer and either do you. I think that after the overall good but still disappointed general reaction of Elysium he seems to have recognized he needs somebody else because he brought is wife back for Chappie and she definitely made a difference with D9. We will have to see how Chappie turns out to see if together they are a winning combo or if he needs another co-writer
Yeah, this is true. I'm very pessimistic about Chappie though.

I'd prefer if Blomkamp's writing contribution to this was more story oriented. Leave the dialogue and structure to a respectable co-writer.

Yeah I agree with that he probably should try and stay out of the dialogue