Neil Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
After teasing us with some really, really cool concept art via Instagram last month, Neill Blomkamp revealed Tuesday that he might bring his Alien movie idea to the big screen. The art prominently featured Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley character and elicited a mostly positive response from social media. While out promoting his latest film Chappie, Blomkamp told Uproxx he's been wanting to make an Alien movie for years, and it could still become a reality. "Speaking to Sigourney Weaver, when we were doing Chappie, she set off a bunch of thoughts in my head — I had come up with an idea that didn’t have Sigourney, it was a different idea. But I spent all of the shooting time with her, it was like, holy shit, that could actually be really interesting," he said.

Blomkamp stressed that he wants to make the movie on his terms. "When I came back to Vancouver, I had an entire year to work on Chappie. And when I wasn’t needed in the edit, I could think about Alien." Blomkamp added that he's confident the film would be made almost immediately if he took it to Fox; however, he's admittedly being dodgy. "Sometimes Hollywood just sort of gets to me. I love movies, but Hollywood itself is a difficult animal to negotiate." Keep keeping that faith, you guys.
http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/neill-bl ... ck-on.html
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/neill-blom ... 03787.html

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/new-a ... 201436551/
20th Century Fox has closed a deal with director Neill Blomkamp to develop a new “Alien” movie.
Sources say the untitled sci-fi project is a separate from the “Prometheus” sequel which Fox is still making with Ridley Scott
Blomkamp, who directed “District 9″ and the upcoming Sony project “Chappie,” had been teasing the project in recent months but said the movie, which starred “Alien” veteran Sigourney Weaver, had been abandoned.
Last edited by SilverHeart on February 18th, 2015, 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Oh please, let's not.

This could do for the Alien franchise what Days of Future Past did to the X Men Franchise. Blomkamp is definitely a good choice since he clearly loved both Scotts original and the Cameron sequel very much. He would also be the firs proper Sci Fi director to the series since Cameron, and he has enough of his own style. I'd welcome it

This might be a curse in disguise since Blomkamp is so much of a nerd, that he might ruin it with a fan-ficy storyline. But he certainly has the imagination for it, and he just needs to get out of South Africa to explore his style.

Dear god no

I'll put it this way, I would MUCH rather see Blomkamp do Alien 5 than Scott's Prometheus 2.

ComptonTerry wrote:I'll put it this way, I would MUCH rather see Blomkamp do Alien 5 than Scott's Prometheus 2.
How about neither.

What's wrong with you people this news is awesome!