Neil Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:Because by virtue of this being a message board I don't believe I need the disclaimer of THIS IS MY OPINION Y'ALL on every post.

If you must know it's because a promising first act devolves into a gormless, slack-jawed run-and-gun film without any characters of entertainment worth/depth/anything beyond the protagonist, and yet it has airs of being a major statement on Apartheid because Blomkamp doesn't understand how to refine a cultural situation into a story without bashing you over the head with a giant mallet with "THE POINT" stamped on the side.
Yes. Not that I loved the first act of District 9. OR Elysium.

I actually liked the action bits of D9 more than the rest, if only because it's the only section of the movie that isn't preaching.

-Vader

Monicabbm wrote:
Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider
UPDATE: Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie will take place AFTER the events of PROMETHEUS 2. Ridley Scott is producing BOTH http://www.thewrap.com/neill-blomkamp-t ... h-century-
I don't care about Prometheus 2, I care about this. Can't they just flip the projects? But seeing Fassy, Noomi and Sigourney together will be cool. full circle.

After Prometheus 2? okay...

I'm guessing it's going to be back-to-back release, one year for Prometheus, next one for Aliens v Davids: Dawn of tricks, Mr. Potter

BlairCo wrote:As long as he doesn't cast Copley.
I really hope he does. I'd like to see him in an Alien film. He looks like a dude he could fit in with the Nostromo crew. Just a normal space mechanic guy. Or he could play a shifty W-W executive.

Hm, on closer look this looks like immediate greenlight... but surely Blomkamp first has to crack the script? So Prometheus 2 still looks like it's going to be the first one in line.

Cop 223 wrote:
I really hope he does. I'd like to see him in an Alien film. He looks like a dude he could fit in with the Nostromo crew. Just a normal space mechanic guy. Or he could play a shifty W-W executive.
He was great in Europa Report.

@Blair ouch.

I hope that nobody will cast Copley in any film ever again. He's horrible.

They will cast him as the alien. With a South African accent.
That said, I like Copley. He's a good actor.