Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Once the character is re-launched, Sony will then release a new Spider-Man movie on July 28, 2017. Marvel’s Kevin Feige will join Amy Pascal as a producer on the new movie. The duo will “collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger,” according to the companies. Ari Arad and Matt Tolmach, who were producers on the previous movie, will now
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ios-772127

Last edited by SilverHeart on March 13th, 2015, 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

My interest in Spider-Man has long expired, so I don't give a shit about this news.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Yes!!!!!!!!! Even though I was a fan of both Amazing Spider-Man movies spidy's better off with Marvel. However does anyone know if the 7/28/17 release date means that Thor: Ragnarok is delayed or when it will be released?

From Hollywood Reporter:
Thor: Ragnarok has been moved to Nov. 3, 2017 from its July 28, 2017 date. Black Panther will now open July 6, 2018, moving from Nov. 3, 2017. Captain Marvel moved to Nov. 2, 2018 from July 6, 2018, while Inhumans is slotted for July 12, 2019, from its original Nov. 2, 2018 date.
Sounds like they're seriously wanting Spider-Man to appear ASAFP.
Last edited by BlairCo on February 10th, 2015, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Labeef for Spidey

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
God I hope they don't do another origin movie. Also hope they do a new villain like Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio or Vulture to help establish a different Spider-Man for the MCU.

http://schmoesknow.com/breaking-spider- ... vel/34395/
Sony will continue to have financial, distributive, and final creative control over the character, but the important thing is that they will be working with Marvel. The report also states that Spider-Man will not only be integrated into the MCU, but the two studios will also be working to integrate other characters from the MCU into the future Spider-Man films.
Aside from having Spider-Man in their universe, I don't see how this benefits to Marvel. Sony seems to be the one to benefit (hugely) from this.

And if this is true, now Sony has final creative control over a character who is part of the MCU. We know Marvel has an agenda for their universe, a sort of plan, and we know they want it their way (see Edgar Wright) so Sony steps in, has final creative control over Spider-Man and we expect for things to go smoothly? I expect struggles. And Sony isn't exactly known for good creative control.

JohnConstantine wrote: Aside from having Spider-Man in their universe, I don't see how this benefits to Marvel. Sony seems to be the one to benefit (hugely) from this.

And if this is true, now Sony has final creative control over a character who is part of the MCU. We know Marvel has an agenda for their universe, a sort of plan, and we know they want it their way (see Edgar Wright) so Sony steps in, has final creative control over Spider-Man and we expect for things to go smoothly? I expect struggles. And Sony isn't exactly known for good creative control.
100% agreed. Exactly my reaction.

Let the fanboys go nuts though.

I think this is a fluff talk to be honest. Marvel will tell Sony what to do cause
the two studios will also be working to integrate other characters from the MCU into the future Spider-Man films.
If Marvel thinks that Sony's direction is bad, they'll not allow, say Iron Man or Hulk to show up in Spidey film. Sony stands to gain, but they also stand to lose.

JohnConstantine wrote:http://schmoesknow.com/breaking-spider- ... vel/34395/
Sony will continue to have financial, distributive, and final creative control over the character, but the important thing is that they will be working with Marvel. The report also states that Spider-Man will not only be integrated into the MCU, but the two studios will also be working to integrate other characters from the MCU into the future Spider-Man films.
Aside from having Spider-Man in their universe, I don't see how this benefits to Marvel. Sony seems to be the one to benefit (hugely) from this.

Except the difference is after the hack Sony A: Needs a PR boost bad, and B: It's clear to the whole world Sony has financial problems that letting Marvel do all the heavy lifting on would benefit them immensely.