The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 4:42 pm
Yea they sort of give away a major twist, unless that's just the premise of the film and there's more to tell.

Anyway the editing looks bad.
In the book, the reveal of 'Thanos' as Lisbeth's sister midway through is the only 'twist', and the premise initially is more to do with Stephen Merchant's character we see at the start...

I saw headlines announcing that when she was first cast so if that's a big spoiler shame on everyone involved

-Vader

Shitty trailer, but great poster.

Matches the quality of the book it seems. But will watch Day 1 and likely be disappointed.🕷

Hopefully they continue to focus on the vulnerability of Lisbeth Salander,something which the adapted trilogy and Fincher's own Girl With The Dragon Tattoo successfully captured.

I wouldn't want to see Lisbeth turn into this noble kick-ass,overly confident heroine. I still want to see a edge and depth with the character.

Vader182 wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 5:46 pm
I saw headlines announcing that when she was first cast so if that's a big spoiler shame on everyone involved

-Vader
Alvarez has been touting in interviews that it won't be exactly the same as the book and that they're building up the whole sister thing from the very start with the flashback sequences, so I guess this 'twist' (even though it is the book's only twist) isn't as big a deal for them.

lol wtf