The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:What about Craig?! Imo without Craig I'd rather have a soft reboot, and I loved her in TGWTDT. #FincherBurns #FuckSony
Yes, Craig NEEDS to return

antovolk wrote:
m4st4 wrote:What about Craig?! Imo without Craig I'd rather have a soft reboot, and I loved her in TGWTDT. #FincherBurns #FuckSony
Yes, Craig NEEDS to return
Definitely.

So this going to be completely different from the book series?

the_red_ninja wrote:So this going to be completely different from the book series?
Sony knows what they're doing with their properties.......

the_red_ninja wrote:So this going to be completely different from the book series?
Well this is a book, right? They are just skipping the 2nd and 3rd which if you think about it makes sense as they are two halves of one story which Sony aren't prepared to invest in right now....

I haven't read this book yet. I quite liked the second and third of Larsson but I thought the Swedish films of those sequels were lacking. Would've loved to have seen Fincher's take on them.

Alas

antovolk wrote:
Well this is a book, right? They are just skipping the 2nd and 3rd which if you think about it makes sense as they are two halves of one story which Sony aren't prepared to invest in right now....
Oooh. Haven't read this one yet.

Look at Robert Langdon film series. Angels and Demons was written before The Da Vinci Code, but the adaptation was a sequel. Same was how they adapted Inferno instead of The Lost Symbol. I do think Sony what's this to be a success like those films were.

Good news is that you could read the fourth book immediately after the first and it wouldn't be a big problem, probably just missing a reference here and there. 2 & 3 are basically one big book that was cut in half

Problem is it's not a very good book and it's completely nonsensical to adapt that barely okay fan-fiction instead of The Girl who Played With Fire

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Good news is that you could read the fourth book immediately after the first and it wouldn't be a big problem, probably just missing a reference here and there. 2 & 3 are basically one big book that was cut in half

Problem is it's not a very good book and it's completely nonsensical to adapt that barely okay fan-fiction instead of The Girl who Played With Fire
If that's fan fiction then so is Thrones at the moment. Stop misusing the word like other morons do.