The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Two times Salander, please:

Reading the backcover, I have a sudden urge to send couple of grammar notes already but won't since lady gave me a nice discount. Hopefully actual meat of translation is much better than instant introduction with the synopsis.

Jumping to fourth book though? Hmm... Right now I'm curious about: director, budget, Mikael casting, their plans for second and third book... way too many questions.

It's weird but Knight is a great writer as well, they're clearly not messing around.

Haven't read this. Can it stand on its own for a movie? If not maybe Knight can incorporate key flashbacks in the adaptation process.

I believe it can work as a standalone yes. Certain characters from the past appear but that can be easily avoided.

I'd prefer them to finish off the trilogy even without Mara. Vikander as Lisbeth could be great, though.

Steven Knight is a very solid screenwriter, and as much as I love Mara's Lisbeth, getting an actual Swede is a good choice. I just hope they won't hire a no-name director to direct it; these are the kinds of films that need some craft to it. Any ideas of who could step into Fincher's shoes?