Brooklyn (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
More pics here
Saoirse Ronan is starring in romance-drama “Brooklyn” with shooting starting in Ireland opposite Domhnall Gleeson, Emory Cohen, Jim Broadbent and Julie Walters.

John Crowley (“Intermission”) directs from Nick Hornby’s adaptation of Colm Toibin’s novel. Producers are Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey (“Quartet”)

The script was developed by BBC Films, and the co-producers are Parallel Films in Ireland and Item 7 in Canada.

Set in the early 1950s, “Brooklyn” is the story of a young woman who moves from small town Ireland to Brooklyn, New York, where she has the opportunity for work and a romance with an Italian-American, played by Cohen. When a family tragedy brings her back to Ireland, she finds herself absorbed into her old community.

The film will shoot for three weeks in Enniscorthy, Wexford and Dublin, Ireland, before moving in mid-April to Montreal, Canada for a further four weeks.

Hanway Films is handling international sales. Lionsgate will release “Brooklyn” in the U.K.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/saoir ... 201151073/

In 1950s Ireland and New York, young Ellis Lacey (Ronan) has to choose between two men and two countries.
Directed by John Crowley (Boy A, Intermission), written by Nick Hornby (Wild, An Education), starring Saoirse Ronan and Domhnall Gleeson.

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
BROOKLYN hit me hard. Beautifully made film about love, life, and the choices we make. Takes place in the 50s but story is timeless.

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
Another reason I loved BROOKLYN is nothing felt forced or phony. Fantastic script, direction, performances, music...just a damn good movie.

Katie Hasty ‏@TheKatieHasty
Coming-of-age immigrant story "Brooklyn" is gold, heart and colors. Would have loved to fall in love with this movie as a girl #sundance

Mary Sollosi ‏@missollosi
Was on the verge of tears through most of John Crowley's beautiful BROOKLYN. Absolutely does Toibin's lovely novel justice #Sundance

Alex Grey ‏@grey603
I was looking forward to Brooklyn but I wasn't expecting it to be that good. Gorgeous movie. #Sundance

Kyle Smith @rkylesmith
#Sundance2015 "Brookyn." Small, delicate, lovely women's picture abt Irish immigrant's love triangle. Has @sonyclassics written all over it

ThePlaylist @ThePlaylist
Brooklyn: home is where the heart is. Gorgeous and bittersweet love story. Exquistely crafted, Saoirse Ronan is phenomenal. #Sundance15

ThePlaylist @ThePlaylist
.@ABKman Genuinely beautiful and sensitively realized.
Gleeson's 2015 is going to be huge.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Fox Searchlight picks it up

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... lyn-765808

I hope they can build a solid campaign for Saiorse who's been getting raves for this. Can't wait to see her performance.
What about Gleeson?

Also, great news about Searchlight nabbing this. They generally have excellent taste.

Allstar wrote:

I hope they can build a solid campaign for Saiorse who's been getting raves for this. Can't wait to see her performance.
What about Gleeson?

Also, great news about Searchlight nabbing this. They generally have excellent taste.
Yeah, him too -- rooting for both of them. And youre right about gleeson, has a very big year ahead.

Yes! And for $9 million, that's quite big! Ronan and Gleeson rise.

And Allstar, do you dislike Ronan or what? :think:

theseeker9175 wrote: And Allstar, do you dislike Ronan or what? :think:
Not at all. What gives you that impression? Very excited for this film as a whole and she's the lead.

I'm just a big Gleeson fan.

Alright. Would totally watch this

Double posting, #yolo

I'm probably gonna give this book a shot - I have nothing better to do atm, and it seems like a short read, and I love books with the potential of making me feel like shit for days :gonf: