Black Mirror (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
xWhereAmI? wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 4:51 am
Love the meta idea that it's designed to almost make the decisions for you at a point. Did a second run through and noticed tiny changes to scenes which was cool
Agreed, at first I found that frustrating but then I saw the greater thematic point.

Also, Will Poulter is too good in this. Great characterization and monologue. Bring on S5. Brooker has excellent taste in actors.

The ep was mediocre

Striking Vipers was pretty wack. I had a few ideas of where it might go after they introduced the VR but it went in a completely different direction. Vipers was pretty much making a case for non monogamy, I am not about that but it raises a lot of good questions. Also, the episode was uncharacteristic of Black Mirror as it focused more on the human aspect rather than the technology around it. It was a nice change of pace.

I wish Nicole Beharie was in more stuff. She’s great.

"I fucked a polar bear and still couldn't get you outta my mind"

... is my new favorite pickup line

Cilogy wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 1:05 am
"I fucked a polar bear and still couldn't get you outta my mind"

... is my new favorite pickup line
I totally expected Danny to burst out laughing.

Good stuff.

Andrew Scott was fantastic in the second ep

Mikey Cyrus was also pretty good

I'm kinda conflicted on this season as a whole. All three episodes had a lot of awesome things going for them, but I was kinda left underwhelmed at the end of all of them.

Smithereens is probably the best episode of the season, and yeah Andrew Scott was brilliant.

I feel like ep 2 of this latest season is the most "important" in the entire series, but I'm seeing like no buzz about it.

Which is ironic considering the content of the episode.