Black Mirror (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 8:39 am
Ruth wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 3:41 pm
lmfao i wonder how pirates are going to deal with this sort of thing
They can't...they can only do one of the possible storylines
nah i’m sure people will think of something if they get access to all of the available footage, ala do something similar to the old fashioned dvd menu interfaces, or just drop separate files with markers, or something. i read mkv format does allow a possibility for marking chapters so..

i haven’t seen this yet, so i don’t know how many choices are there, it’d be funny if somebody had the dedication to do all of them and upload them as different versions of the movie lmao.

btw i have a netflix account and will be watching this legally, but i’m just curious to see what’ll happen lol

I mean, we're talking about a total of five hours of footage and a whole lot of choice points....

My 2 brothers and myself are watching it together. thus its majority rules for each decision :D it should be fun

Okay so there is a 'default' path that Brooker made that happens if you just don't click of any of the options. Apparently it's the most 'basic' version of the story....

Also @Ruth the script so to say is far too complex to be replicated by pirates. It's not a simple flowchart but loops, remembered choices etc

Wow, so this is very intriguing. I had no idea what Bandersnatch is about, by the end I know exactly what it's about.

I watched what I think are all of the paths.
my first path, which I think was the best ending was chopping up the body and that features Colin's daughter at the end.
Blackmirror, why you so meta?

He kills his father in all versions, right? I chose picking the book instead of the family photo and I wonder what happens if I chose the photo lol.

Also, this comes to mind

I chose the option to save his father and kill himself by going with the mother.
I believe this is the true ending, it fits the narrative the most, it's kind of poetic.

LelekPL wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 4:37 pm
I chose the option to save his father and kill himself by going with the mother.
I believe this is the true ending, it fits the narrative the most, it's kind of poetic.
So at that option you just let play without clicking anything because the only option was “No”. Interesting I wanna see that ending.

Okay so I’m already HELLA confused with the number of choices I’d made that possibly derailed my “experience” from others. I feel like I went through 3 or 4 “endings” already
(first time I clicked Netflix for shits and giggles), then after its sequence, I had the option to “jump to credits”, so I assume all of those outcomes were possible endings (??) but I’d also get Stefan’s face on the tv screens with “who’s there?” choices available again, which I’d click. Only after a couple of times redoing (or progressing on the storyline wtf because Stefan had vague recollections of my previous choices) did I choose to not choose on whether he kills his dad, but he ends up doing anyway, buries his body, never finishes the game and then I got credits. Wanted to try and click “chop up the body”, but I would’ve hated myself for doing that lmfao and now I’m curious
wtf

Ahmad, there’s definitely a “yes” option when it comes to that choice. Dunno what would’ve happened when you just left it at that, but I clicked “no” feeling like shit.

I’m so weirded out. One, because I feel like my brain was fucked (news at 11), two, because I felt really bad over the main character - I felt responsible for him, and
it sucked trying to “help” him and having to redo stuff as the bad choices were a necessity in some cases. It didn’t feel like controlling a video game character, it felt worse - like actually tampering with someone’s life in a way

Ruth wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 8:52 pm
Ahmad, there’s definitely a “yes” option when it comes to that choice. Dunno what would’ve happened when you just left it at that, but I clicked “no” feeling like shit.
I don't know how I missed it. Really weird. I know what happens when you click yes (thanks to Twitter) but still I wanna see what happens myself. I felt like shit clicking "no" too. The last couple of options are just cruel. I felt so bad lol. At first, I was going with the least harmful options but I was getting dead ends so I went darker.