88th Academy Awards

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Solid nominations

Mad Max overperformed! :clap:

EDIT: No Carol? :?

Backlash is coming and Weinstein is truly losing his touch.

Even as someone who isn't a die-hard fan of the film, gotta love Fury Road cropping up basically EVERYWHERE. Happy that Miller got a nod in particular.

Nice that Tom Hardy and Charlotte Rampling get their first nods as well.

Forum Pro
Law
theseeker9175 wrote:Mad Max overperformed! :clap:

EDIT: No Carol? :?

Backlash is coming and Weinstein is truly losing his touch.
I don't think Carol had best film formula, the two actresses who made the film what it was got the recognition.

Tarantino snubbed in Best Original Screenplay. That's just wrong.

Tom Hardy though :clap:

lol the martian

Further thoughts: No Sorkin is abject nonsense. Carter Burwell finally getting a nod is nice.

Stallone joins Crosby, Blanchett, Pacino, Newman and O'Toole for 2 noms playing the same person but takes the record for biggest gaps between those turns. IIRC.

Bale's gone from Oscar outcast to being a bit of a nom magnet.

Happy for TFA to get an editing nom - outside of Driver I think that's the best thing about it.

Things I loved: (I'm still really depressed after hearing of the passing of Alan Rickman, but I must go on...)

Tom Hardy for Supporting. No one saw that coming and I was one who loved his performance and actually preferred it to Leo's.

Brooklyn for Best Picture. It not only deserved it, but it was at one point the frontrunner in October before all of the "big budget" films were released.

Michael Fassbender for Actor. He deserved it and I'm ready for MyCocaine to eat crow for all of the smack he talked about how he was SURE he wouldn't get nominated. He rambled on for pages and argued with every one of us.

Skyab23 wrote:Things I loved: (I'm still really depressed after hearing of the passing of Alan Rickman, but I must go on...)

Tom Hardy for Supporting. No one saw that coming and I was one who loved his performance and actually preferred it to Leo's.

Brooklyn for Best Picture. It not only deserved it, but it was at one point the frontrunner in October before all of the "big budget" films were released.

Michael Fassbender for Actor. He deserved it and I'm ready for MyCocaine to eat crow for all of the smack he talked about how he was SURE he wouldn't get nominated. He rambled on for pages and argued with every one of us.
lol. That's a long time ago. I was simply venting the general opinion at the time.

I'm glad he made though since he is a great actor.

On a side note. It would appear my prediction all the way back in 14 December 2014, that Inarritu is taking home back to back Oscars is coming true. Statistics are meant to be broken.

Forum Pro
Law
Also, Sicario got some love and I'm happy with that. Just wish it grabbed a best directing nom