88th Academy Awards

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yay for Hardy

Boo for Tarantino in Screenplay

Reaaaally surprised of no Scott in directing. Would not call it a snub though

MyCocaine wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:Things I loved: (I'm still really depressed after hearing of the passing of Alan Rickman, but I must go on...)

Tom Hardy for Supporting. No one saw that coming and I was one who loved his performance and actually preferred it to Leo's.

Brooklyn for Best Picture. It not only deserved it, but it was at one point the frontrunner in October before all of the "big budget" films were released.

Michael Fassbender for Actor. He deserved it and I'm ready for MyCocaine to eat crow for all of the smack he talked about how he was SURE he wouldn't get nominated. He rambled on for pages and argued with every one of us.
lol. That's a long time ago. I was simply venting the general opinion at the time.

I'm glad he made though since he is a great actor.
Whose opinion?

You're a sore loser, and hypocrite too.

Eat crow already and put an end to your ramblings in here if you don't know what the heck you are saying.

ps: simply venting - you poor little soul

Law wrote:DiCaprio more than likely won't even get a nomination

Yeah, it was not the general opinion, MyCocaine. You made that up to fit your narrative. Almost all prognosticators predicted he was getting in, but you weren't having any of that.

Happy for Hardy.

Skyab23 wrote:Yeah, it was not the general opinion, MyCocaine. You made that up to fit your narrative. Almost all prognosticators predicted he was getting in, but you weren't having any of that.
At the time I made that prediction, no sir. Box office numbers were miserable and I got carried away.
So am I to eat a crow because I made a prediction back in November. It's not like I didn't predict him afterwards though. These predictions are ever changing.

No Guts No Glory

One of the primary surprises from this has to be Room getting a Best Picture and Director nod.

Oh Gosh, the headlines are already (literally reading): "Revenant leads Oscar nominations, only white actors again."

Giving a Best Picture nod for The Martian this year and not for Interstellar last year is a bit sarcastic. It's so wrong its almost hilarious.

Lord Shade wrote:Giving a Best Picture nod for The Martian this year and not for Interstellar last year is a bit sarcastic. It's so wrong its almost hilarious.
That's stupid on so many levels

Lord Shade wrote:Giving a Best Picture nod for The Martian this year and not for Interstellar last year is a bit sarcastic. It's so wrong its almost hilarious.
Last year there was much more competition than now. If Interstellar would have came out this year it would have gotten a nod.