IT (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What was the pinnacle of his performance again?

shauner111 wrote:What was the pinnacle of his performance again?
At Neibolt.

I'm not picking it apart. I'm writing about my reaction to his performance, which left me mostly indifferent.

Not to derail the thread further, I'll just explain it in the spoiler
That's the big difference between me and some people round here. I don't really "analyze" movies. Personally I think you lose honesty when you overanalyze art. I prefer to "absorb" them and go by my gut. It's fun to read or watch an analysis of something later on but it very rarely influenced my initial reaction (although it has happened when I learned something profound that I was too uneducated to understand previously)

Crazy Eight wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:but people feel things for reasons
well yeah, that's why I'm poking at him. if Billy Boy's performance worked for 90 out of a hundred people then it means the choices he and Muschietti made were effective at evoking what they wanted to evoke. so when someone from those 10 other people comes into the conversation and makes a claim about the performance, I'm genuinely curious what reasons influenced that take away.

right now it seems less like a deficiency in Billy Boy's part and more like just a poor personal reaction, which is fine, but it undercuts the power of a claim.
lolwut

Crazy Eight wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:but people feel things for reasons
well yeah, that's why I'm poking at him. if Billy Boy's performance worked for 90 out of a hundred people then it means the choices he and Muschietti made were effective at evoking what they wanted to evoke. so when someone from those 10 other people comes into the conversation and makes a claim about the performance, I'm genuinely curious what reasons influenced that take away.

right now it seems less like a deficiency in Billy Boy's part and more like just a poor personal reaction, which is fine, but it undercuts the power of a claim.
i kno bb im on ur side

Are we doing an NF-O-Meter for this?

Nomis wrote:Are we doing an NF-O-Meter for this?
You want one for mother! that bad? :D

On it fellas.£

Sign me up for a 8/10 MV

Sysmatic wrote:
Nomis wrote:Are we doing an NF-O-Meter for this?
You want one for mother! that bad? :D
Sure why not

I give it a 6,9/10 Mr Virgo and you know me, that can fluctuate :lol: