Ready Player One (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Warner Bros. Offers READY PLAYER ONE to Christopher Nolan
http://collider.com/ready-player-one-christopher-nolan/
In the year 2044, reality is an ugly place. The only time teenage Wade Watts really feels alive is when he’s jacked into the virtual utopia known as the OASIS. Wade’s devoted his life to studying the puzzles hidden within this world’s digital confines—puzzles that are based on their creator’s obsession with the pop culture of decades past and that promise massive power and fortune to whoever can unlock them.
But when Wade stumbles upon the first clue, he finds himself beset by players willing to kill to take this ultimate prize. The race is on, and if Wade’s going to survive, he’ll have to win—and confront the real world he’s always been so desperate to escape.
HO.
LY.
SHIT
Last edited by SilverHeart on December 5th, 2014, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah.

I wouldn't count on Nolan doing a YA novel adaptation.

A Zak Penn script of a YA novel

Lol

Don't

Well obviously they'll scrap Penn's draft and have Jonah co-write it with Chris instead.

Like it says in the article, it may suit Edgar Wright more. I see Nolan passing on this. Zak Penn wrote it AND it doesn't sound like Nolans style. Im hoping Nolan and Carrey finally get to do their Howard Hughes film instead.

shauner111 wrote:Like it says in the article, it may suit Edgar Wright more. I see Nolan passing on this. Zak Penn wrote it AND it doesn't sound like Nolans style. Im hoping Nolan and Carrey finally get to do their Howard Hughes film instead.

YES PLEASE

since whenever I think of 80s kitch I think of Christopher Nolan

-Vader

Now Where Was I ? wrote:A Zak Penn script of a YA novel

Lol