Star Wars Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Despite me seeing TFA only two times so far and trying to occasionally poke at it with a long stick, have to agree that, anecdotally, I too don't know anyone who wouldn't put it at third, fourth place at the worst, like Vader said. Yes, things should improve and probably will, but TFA was pretty necessary considering everything that happened: loss of Lucas, Disney acquisition, general public thoughts on the prequels (I did say 'general', please) etc.

The Force Awakens is the third best executed film, but the seventh most original film.

Jedisunscreen wrote:The Force Awakens is the third best executed film, but the seventh most original film.
I may start using this internally... or even externally.

Yeah, Vader made a very good point. Abrams' aesthetical vision for Awakens pleases me. I daresay it's the most endearingly cinematic the franchise has ever been since the climax of Empire. Looks to me, however short of innovation Abrams (and Kasdan) have been content-wise (Let's be honest, the franchise has never been the beacon of originality in that regard anyway), he has managed to make up for in revivifying the series' visuals with infusing fresh ideas for the style without completely diminishing the familiarity of the atmosphere that was expected to be inherited from the original trilogy.

Only if they managed to repeat the feat in regards to developing the narrative with such finesse, we now had a perfect rebirth for the franchise on our hands.£

I don't deserve this lovely morning:
-Jobless Monday
-Rainy Monday
-Downloaded Dollhouse
-Downloaded Westworld
-Mr.Plinkett's TFA review

i liked ep7

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:i liked ep7
k
me too
'liked', very important part

BlairCo wrote:
Really disappointed in this.

I watch these for the comedy and so far so good. Still no actual criticism.

Edit: 1:00:00 - George wrecks that nail's head.