Star Wars Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:David Fincher doing Star Wars is as stupid as David Lynch doing Star Wars.

Different lanes.
Yeah just like Nolan doing Batman*, if only... OH WAIT

lol

I get what you mean but I think it's not a very strong argument. These people know what they're talking about, of course it wouldn't end up being The Girl with the Lightsaber lol or anything like that

It is a pity however, how tight the producer's grip is on films like Star Wars. I mean, Lord & Miller have even been fucking fired three thirds into production, that is more than enough to scare of filmmakers like Fincher and Nolan to ever enter something like Star Wars.

*yes I realize Batman was at a lower position than Star Wars before the new films came and you could certainly argue Star Wars is bigger anyway but I think you get my point

Nomis wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:David Fincher doing Star Wars is as stupid as David Lynch doing Star Wars.

Different lanes.

lol

I get what you mean but I think it's not a very strong argument. These people know what they're talking about, of course it wouldn't end up being The Girl with the Lightsaber lol or anything like that

It is a pity however, how tight the producer's grip is on films like Star Wars. I mean, Lord & Miller have even been fucking fired three thirds into production, that is more than enough to scare of filmmakers like Fincher and Nolan to ever enter something like Star Wars.

*yes I realize Batman was at a lower position than Star Wars before the new films came and you could certainly argue Star Wars is bigger anyway but I think you get my point
Except Batman needed reinventing.

See, watching a horror-style film set in the Star Wars universe is possible but only if you know how to do it: just trap some Storm Troopers on a damaged spaceship that has a lot of Anzati on it and go wild with subversive vampire and alien tropes. In a galaxy far, far away noone can hear you scream.

Anzati?

Nerd.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Nomis wrote:

Different lanes.

lol

Just like Star Wars stories need more blood?

ArmandFancypants wrote:Anzati?

Nerd.
What? They showed up twice in the films so far: once in the cantina in Star Wars: A New Hope and once in Rogue One if I remember correctly. I wouldn't mind a Star Wars space horror film where Storm Troopers need to get away from some soup-drinking space vampires.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Nomis wrote:

Different lanes.

lol

To a degree Star Wars did as well. The PT wasn't exactly a high-note to end it and Lucas' intention was to make a trilogy of trilogies. So the option of continuing the story after Return of the Jedi was always there. And let's not kid ourselves here, one of the main reasons The Force Awakens worked so well, critically and even more so financially, was because they sort of went back to basics. Real basics, not only as in story (basically a "loose" remake of A New Hope) but also with doing a lot more in-camera.

Fincher's too smart to think Kennedy would let his Fincher-Freak fly (regardless if he's right for Star Wars-which, content depending, he could be).

-Vader

aw man now I want a gritty and depraved Imperial detective drama by Fincher

The Girl with the Bantha Tattoo

Cilogy wrote:aw man now I want a gritty and depraved Imperial detective drama by Fincher

The Girl with the Bantha Tattoo
Already tattooed: