Wonder Woman (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

While I think Zack's WW IS way too sexualized and is male gaze-y in uncomfortable ways (I lost count of all the juvenile upskirt shots during the last battle in BVS), I think some of these people are confused. The last person who was awarded this was Tinker Bell. They didn't chose Wonder Woman "over" real life people. The entire award is for strictly fictional characters as far as I understand it. It's just a way to get some PR buzz and connect to the youngins.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:While I think Zack's WW IS way too sexualized and is male gaze-y in uncomfortable ways (I lost count of all the juvenile upskirt shots during the last battle in BVS), I think some of these people are confused. The last person who was awarded this was Tinker Bell. They didn't chose Wonder Woman "over" real life people. The entire award is for strictly fictional characters as far as I understand it. It's just a way to get some PR buzz and connect to the youngins.

-Vader
Tinker Bell? Bhuahahahahahah

And Emma Watson is already an ambassador for UN Women so Hermione was probably not even in the race.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
About 50 UN staffers silently turned their back to the stage, some with their fists in the air.
we need an Office style show about the UN
Lmao look at those fucking tools. :lol: Like Vader said the entire purpose of the award is honorary and targeted towards younguns, which is why bunch of extatic kids in WW shirts were there too. Those people have a Trump voter mentality.

Vader182 wrote:While I think Zack's WW IS way too sexualized and is male gaze-y in uncomfortable ways (I lost count of all the juvenile upskirt shots during the last battle in BVS), I think some of these people are confused. The last person who was awarded this was Tinker Bell. They didn't chose Wonder Woman "over" real life people. The entire award is for strictly fictional characters as far as I understand it. It's just a way to get some PR buzz and connect to the youngins.

-Vader
I don't recall any upskirt shots? And I don't think she's that sexualized under Snyder's direction. But yeah agreed.

Regardless of your memory they're there. It's been harshly (and justly) criticized aspect of BVS in some circles.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Regardless of your memory they're there. It's been harshly (and justly) criticized aspect of BVS in some circles.

-Vader
Can't tell whether or not you're joking.

Skip to 4:35-:45