Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
7/10

This was excellent but I'm unsure how to even rate it considering
it's incomplete. I felt nothing about all the characters who faded away since half of them have sequels already planned. For a movie so proud of its deaths, it doesn't really have any. Russo Brothers should've dialed down the emphasis on that. A lot of it is basically great though. Very little complaints but still some significant ones.
Last edited by Bacon on April 29th, 2018, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

3/5

Bacon wrote:
April 29th, 2018, 12:27 am
This was excellent but I'm unsure how to even rate it considering
it's incomplete. I felt nothing about all the characters who faded away since half of them have sequels already planned. For a movie so proud of its deaths, it doesn't really have any. Russo Brothers should've dialed down the emphasis on that. A lot of it is basically great though. Very little complaints but still some significant ones.
3 deaths I believe will be permanent. To me the fading deaths still worked for me because I felt for the characters who witnessed it.

I mean yeah, there are some permanent deaths but they're not that impactful. All of the big players have a high probability of being resurrected.

Also hoping the next film has more Cap in it because he did squat in this film tbh

I'll give it a 6/10.

Also Anton's also right. Age of Ultron isn't great but it's a lot better than I originally thought even if certain sequences and scenes just stick out like really sore thumbs.

Question:
If Thanos is against unnecessary killing, why did he murder all of Asgard?

Also, I didn't like Ragnarok so it doesn't bother me, but does it bother anyone that this film basically negates the entire ending of the previous film?

Bacon wrote:
April 29th, 2018, 1:34 am
Also Anton's also right. Age of Ultron isn't great but it's a lot better than I originally thought even if certain sequences and scenes just stick out like really sore thumbs.

Question:
If Thanos is against unnecessary killing, why did he murder all of Asgard?

Also, I didn't like Ragnarok so it doesn't bother me, but does it bother anyone that this film basically negates the entire ending of the previous film?
Infinity War more or less negates the endings of half or more of recent Marvel movies
Civil War, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok. Arguably Black Panther since despite being 'open" they get no outside help fighting Thanos.
also i'm unsatisfied with all of your responses to my previous post and I want all of you to know that.

-Vader

Yeah, the whole time I was like
why is Wakanda still hidden? And I've already complained how this negates the end of HC, but they kind of reference it.
@Vader's question (I'm not sure I loved this movie, but I liked it a lot):
I wasn't too bothered that Thanos' hunt for the stones was just him punching through stuff. What did bother me was how easy everyone was willing to give up the world for one person. Wanda eventually decided to act rationally and Quill's motivations/actions worked well for me, but Loki giving into Thanos' torture of Thor was just dumb. Gamora gave in way too quickly to Nebula's torture and was like salt in the wound of how repetitious that plot thread was. I thought the place she took Thanos to wasn't the real place but...it was? When Strange gave Thanos the stone to save Stark I rolled my eyes because the situation was so similar. Luckily they redeemed that.

8/10. Need to see it again though.