Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
NFometer: 91% [⬆ 1%]
Based on the Ratings of 5 Members
Average Score: (8.1/10) [⬇ 0.1]

Positive

BlairCo (9/10)
darthnazgul (9/10)
Sanchez (8.3/10)
LelekPL (8/10)
natalie (7/10)

Mixed to Positive

m4st4 (7/10)

£

9/10

Well, Thanos himself surely delivered. It's clear that they went full on for Thanos to work and I feel they succeeded in that aspect.
Best part of his storyline was his arc with Gamora. Bless Saldana, she did so well.

As for the heroes though... They just had too many characters to juggle. I must say that most of the time, it goes very well, no matter the combinations of characters. However, they stay too long with a certain group or stop somewhere when it just got interesting/plain epic and then decide to cut back to the others. There's hardly anything wrong with the action pieces, they just don't flow so well over in each other. I think that could've lifted the film up quite a bit.
When it comes to the heroes' choices, whatever ones they make, they all work in favor of Thanos. I mean, you just know that the moment we learn that Thanos has to give a soul up to get the soul stone, Gamora's time is up. There were only so few heroes who were willing to do the same and Thanos was already too powerful by the time that happened so that it didn't even matter. It's quite ruthless and I liked that.
I didn't feel the emotional connections between the heroes. The love between Wanda and Vision never lifts off and I didn't feel like Stark and Strange really connected, which would've been more impactful in the end.
Cons:
- the score
- still too many obvious green screen shots and some tricky VFX
- the narrative could've been tighter
- lack of development for the heroes
- some of the editing was just too fast for me
- sometimes it felt as if the combat was sped up? had the same problem with civil war
- could've cut some of the jokes
Pro's:
- Thanos overall
- most of the VFX
- super saiyan action, just pure comic book bliss
- Gamora
- dat ending (expected one of the originals to die tho)
- Samuel L. Jackson's line when he knew it was over :lol: :clap:
As of now, put me down for a positive 7,4/10

Nomis wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 7:00 pm
Well, Thanos himself surely delivered. It's clear that they went full on for Thanos to work and I feel they succeeded in that aspect.
Best part of his storyline was his arc with Gamora. Bless Saldana, she did so well.

As for the heroes though... They just had too many characters to juggle. I must say that most of the time, it goes very well, no matter the combinations of characters. However, they stay too long with a certain group or stop somewhere when it just got interesting/plain epic and then decide to cut back to the others. There's hardly anything wrong with the action pieces, they just don't flow so well over in each other. I think that could've lifted the film up quite a bit.
When it comes to the heroes' choices, whatever ones they make, they all work in favor of Thanos. I mean, you just know that the moment we learn that Thanos has to give a soul up to get the soul stone, Gamora's time is up. There were only so few heroes who were willing to do the same and Thanos was already too powerful by the time that happened so that it didn't even matter. It's quite ruthless and I liked that.
I didn't feel the emotional connections between the heroes. The love between Wanda and Vision never lifts off and I didn't feel like Stark and Strange really connected, which would've been more impactful in the end.
Cons:
- the score
- still too many obvious green screen shots and some tricky VFX
- the narrative could've been tighter
- lack of development for the heroes
- some of the editing was just too fast for me
- sometimes it felt as if the combat was sped up? had the same problem with civil war
- could've cut some of the jokes
Pro's:
- Thanos overall
- most of the VFX
- super saiyan action, just pure comic book bliss
- Gamora
- dat ending (expected one of the originals to die tho)
- Samuel L. Jackson's line when he knew it was over :lol: :clap:
As of now, put me down for a positive 7,4/10
Hell has frozen over ladies and gentleman.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
7.3/10

7/10

9/10

NFometer: 87% [⬆ 1%]
Based on the Ratings of 15 Members
Average Score: (8.1/10) [⬇ 0.1]

Positive

User of Interest (10/10)
Allstar (9.1/10)
BlairCo (9/10)
Dobson (9/10)