Black Panther (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well many like me have seen the movie thru two separate prisms and like me loved it so speak for yourself.

bootsy wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 1:56 am
Well many like me have seen the movie thru two separate prisms and like me loved it so speak for yourself.
Naturally. When I say ‘I don’t see how...’ it’s automatically my perspective.

Just saying, for those who haven’t seen it yet, it’s quite possible you get overhyped, like I did, or now Bacon.

Ideally, the hype will meet your expectations, like it did yours.

Bacon wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 1:38 am
It's a little better than decent. It's fairly good, but unremarkable in many, many ways and not worth the hype many are pushing. For the most part it's harmless, standard MCU affair. The film is more important than it is good, and I'm not discrediting it's importance though.
I'm glad you at least thought it was better than decent. There were some things that could have been way better. Although I don't think it was a standard MCU affair. I think it's differently constructed than the MCU movies. I feel like this movie like The Winter Soldier stands separate from the rest of the MCU.

bootsy wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 2:02 am
Bacon wrote:
It's a little better than decent. It's fairly good, but unremarkable in many, many ways and not worth the hype many are pushing. For the most part it's harmless, standard MCU affair. The film is more important than it is good, and I'm not discrediting it's importance though.
I'm glad you at least thought it was better than decent. There were some things that could have been way better. Although I don't think it was a standard MCU affair. I think it's differently constructed than the MCU movies. I feel this movie like The Winter Soldier stands separate from the rest of the MCU.
I agree with that, somewhat... for example, where would you put GotG movies, Ragnarok, or even Iron-Man 3 (I honestly look at it as a Shane Black movie)? I feel like there are at least 5-6 MCU movies, BO included, who feel like separate entities with several known MCU quirks.

Hopefully Phase 4 is just that.

m4st4 wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 2:05 am
bootsy wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 2:02 am
Bacon wrote:
I'm glad you at least thought it was better than decent. There were some things that could have been way better. Although I don't think it was a standard MCU affair. I think it's differently constructed than the MCU movies. I feel this movie like The Winter Soldier stands separate from the rest of the MCU.
I agree with that, somewhat... for example, where would you put GotG movies, Ragnarok, or even Iron-Man 3 (I honestly look at it as a Shane Black movie)? I feel like there are at least 5-6 MCU movies, BO included, who feel like separate entities with several known MCU quirks.

Hopefully Phase 4 is just that.
I think GotG was pretty standard MCU with the humor but it's much better humor and fit with the movie. GotG is definitely in my top 5 of MCU. Ragnarok was definitely standard. I didn't like that movie as much as others. Iron-Man 3 could fit into that category of not being typical MCU but like Ragnarok I just thought it was decent.

Our opinions of said movies aside... yeah. But I think Ragnarok’s planet segment was so compartmentalized and wicked, wish there was more of that.

m4st4 wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 1:47 am
Pratham wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 3:41 pm
guys i'm telling you alan moore has cursed dc movies 💫💫💫
But apparently not Geoff Johns who is KILLING it with Doomsday Clock. ;)
I don't think he cares much about writers as much as he holds DC execs in contempt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The vegetarians joke was actually one of the best. That joke has a deeper meaning. He was making fun of western stereotype that Africans are savages and their general ignorance of Africans in Africa. I loved that he just kept giggling at his own joke, he knew that line was poetic.

The more I learn about this film the more I love it. It just is so layered. I wasn’t aware of the importance of colour. The heroes in that scene were collectively wearing red, black and green to symbolize Pan-Africanism. Its incredible the level of detail that went into that scene, as a causal viewer I would never pick up on them. I could listen to Ryan Coogler talk all day, so well spoken.

The vegetarians joke was actually one of the best. That joke has a deeper meaning. He was making fun of western stereotype that Africans are savages and their general ignorance of Africans in Africa. I loved that he just kept giggling at his own joke, he knew that line was poetic.