Black Panther (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What happened to the old date?

10th posted:
antovolk wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 10:04 am
So this was pretty damn good, their streak of top tier titles continues. Production design and atmosphere is something else entirely, so many damn MVPs (and Serkis is fucking hilarious). Boseman is very good but yeah the supporting cast nearly overshadows him. And MBJ, while great, was a little overhyped. Overall though what's great is that like Homecoming it doesn't feel like an origin story, it doesn't aporoach it this way, and yet what's even better here is that it's almost completely standalone. Score is also pretty awesome. Will say one thing that pissed me off that's kinda spoilery
the post credits. It was in the damn trailers, for one, and just epitomises what Mangold was talking about. Why not have it in the film itself? Or cut entirely?
Going Friday and maybe Saturday.

m4st4 wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 11:29 am
fun fact: all dates happen only once but days repeat themselves after 6 spins of earth

Pratham wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 11:53 am
m4st4 wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 11:29 am
fun fact: all dates happen only once but days repeat themselves after 6 spins of earth

Seeing it in 50 minutes. Going in with my usual Marvel expectations of it being another solid entry in the MCU.

This is the best movie that Marvel Studios has put out. Yes, better than Civil War, Guardians and Winter Solider. There are moments in this movie where I was thinking to myself "I can't believe that this moment is in a tentpole Superhero movie". I'm not just talking about things like the violence (This is the most violent MCU movie to date) or trying to do something ambitious with the story that could end up alienating the audience like Iron Man 3 did. What I'm talking about is the tone. There are moments in this movie that felt very meditative, almost the same feeling I get whenever I watch a Paul Thomas Anderson movie. And even when those moments reach their end, the story quickly turns into an espionage flick. There was even a span of 15 minutes where it felt like they were remaking Skyfall, and I mean that in the most positive way I can. The acting is completely off the charts from everybody; no actor or character felt like a waste, the score is the best score I've ever heard in an MCU movie, and the pacing is impeccable. If I had any complaint, there were moments where the action scenes were barely watchable because the camera was so close to what was going on that you could barely follow the choreography, and the emotion of some of the scenes felt brought down by the CGI environment that they were played out in. Everything else is everything I have ever wanted from a Marvel movie, and I can't wait to hear everybody else's thoughts.

Don't want to overhype myself but goodness... :twothumbsup:

Bacon wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 8:42 pm
Don't want to overhype myself but goodness... :twothumbsup:
I don't wanna overhype it for you either, and maybe some of what I said was hyperbolic. But after about 30 minutes in, I thought to myself "I never thought Marvel would do anything like this". You will at the very least be very satisfied with the movie.

Getting excited.

Anyone have seen it can tell me if it can surpass TDK ?

I Am The Night wrote:
February 15th, 2018, 2:48 am
Anyone have seen it can tell me if it can surpass TDK ?
LOL