Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
PowerDump wrote:3/10

One of the worst blockbusters I've seen in theaters. The humor is almost always off, there wasn't one single piece of decent writing (that killer app joke had the person next to me groan and the theater was silent). Jared Leto just comes off as a creep and sounds annoying, he looks awful and I guess all that dumb crap he did to "get into character" didn't work because he didn't even transform. The action is bad, the bad guys never really come off as that bad, they just throw in these tiny parts like Harley breaking the window and stealing to make them seem bad but nothing in their personality really represents that (which makes me wonder why some of the people that defend this movie say the movie at least "got the characters right").

The final battle was completely cringeworthy.

I can't believe that some people will say this is good but the Marvel movies are garbage when they at least have some form of decent film making when this has absolutely none.
You must be fun at parties. See, I don't find Avengers funny. But I laughed a lot in Squad. Boomerang alone was fuckin hilarious.

Different strokes. I enjoyed the characters, humor and look of the film much more than most of Marvels flicks. Except for the last Cap and maybe Guardians.

shauner111 wrote:Boomerang alone was fuckin hilarious.
We don't often see eye to eye, but he was absolutely hysterical.
When the bombs got turned off and he just ran off, I lost my shit

shauner111 wrote:

One of the worst blockbusters I've seen in theaters. The humor is almost always off, there wasn't one single piece of decent writing (that killer app joke had the person next to me groan and the theater was silent). Jared Leto just comes off as a creep and sounds annoying, he looks awful and I guess all that dumb crap he did to "get into character" didn't work because he didn't even transform. The action is bad, the bad guys never really come off as that bad, they just throw in these tiny parts like Harley breaking the window and stealing to make them seem bad but nothing in their personality really represents that (which makes me wonder why some of the people that defend this movie say the movie at least "got the characters right").

I can't believe that some people will say this is good but the Marvel movies are garbage when they at least have some form of decent film making when this has absolutely none.
You must be fun at parties. See, I don't find Avengers funny. But I laughed a lot in Squad. Boomerang alone was fuckin hilarious.

Different strokes. I enjoyed the characters, humor and look of the film much more than most of Marvels flicks. Except for the last Cap and maybe Guardians.
Really? Me not thinking a crap movie is funny that has been getting absolutely dumped on in reviews means I'm no fun at parties?

Pretty much all of us at that theater must suck when at parties because there were only like five parts that had any kind of laughing going on and the rest fell completely flat.

I must say one of the funniest things on this site was seeing people attack the Marvel movies and say they are garbage (before Man of Steel even came out) and then seeing some of those people like these films; it simply is hypocritical. At first I was like, well most superhero stuff will be amateur stuff when compared to Nolan (again before these newer DC movies came out) so that had some sense too it but then they defend this pile of garbage in comparison to Marvel movies?

Lol a lot of credibility when out the drain there for some.

PowerDump wrote:
shauner111 wrote:

Really? Me not thinking a crap movie is funny that has been getting absolutely dumped on in reviews means I'm no fun at parties?

Pretty much all of us at that theater must suck when at parties because there were only like five parts that had any kind of laughing going on and the rest fell completely flat.

I must say one of the funniest things on this site was seeing people attack the Marvel movies and say they are garbage (before Man of Steel even came out) and then seeing some of those people like these films; it simply is hypocritical. At first I was like, well most superhero stuff will be amateur stuff when compared to Nolan (again before these newer DC movies came out) so that had some sense too it but then they defend this pile of garbage in comparison to Marvel movies?

Lol a lot of credibility when out the drain there for some.
I was joking. You're being so serious again. Maybe you're not great at parties after all.

Calling this movie a pile of garbage is your opinion but to me garbage is Catwoman, Green Lantern, Steel, Batman and Robin, Thor Dark World, Etc. My rating for BvS UC is 2.5/5 . Same for MOS. Suicide Squad is 3.5/5 . I'll still take these DCEU movies over 90 percent of Marvels. Maybe that's just me but know that I'm also laughing at people who are calling this complete trash when it still craps all over a ton of comic book movies out there even with its flaws.

I stand by Squad and hope an ultimate cut comes out.

There isn't an Ultimate Cut you geniuses.

My friend who disliked Batman v Superman, loved this. Unsure of what to think.

I hated Batman v Superman

Yet Suicide Squad made me respect it because it had a vision and ambition even if I didn't like it.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I hated Batman v Superman

Yet Suicide Squad made me respect it because it had a vision and ambition even if I didn't like it.
The complete reverse for me.

Crazy Eight wrote:There isn't an Ultimate Cut you geniuses.
For now anyway....

begs the question - if the BvS UC wasn't rated by the MPAA before the theatrical cut got released, how would Snyder and co have handled this.....

its funny cuz SS would probably benefit much more from an extended cut

if only because the majority of its problems would be solved by addressing what I consider a masterclass level of poor editing